Updated Peugeot PGN10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kmarkn

I've just had a first go at creating a modern take on a classic steel bike. Bought the bike off eBay as frame looked good, though some original parts missing. At the same time I was looking for a new home for my early 2000's Record and Chorus bits, and some recent DT Swiss wheels. I'm pleased with how it looks, and on a quick run round the block it felt smooth, tight and rattle free. A longer ride beckons tomorrow! I'm new here so I think I need to post a few times before I can attach pics, but they're ready and waiting!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Can’t wait to see a pic. Just a few more posts and you can post one.

OP
OP
kmarkn

kmarkn

Here's a couple of pics. Took it out for 15 miles today it rides very well - solid, smooth and comfortable!

OP
OP
kmarkn

kmarkn

The pics are posted but awaiting moderation.

My only issue is that the Campag brifter is indexed and it doesn't really work very well with the original, non-indexed front mech that I've kept. I could put my Campag one on but the original looks better I think, and it fits nicely in the frame mount (which mught be in the way of the clamp on Campag mech?)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
put the front changer back to friction (either down tube or bar end) and leave the LH campag brifter doing brake only. Best of both worlds

OP
OP
kmarkn

kmarkn

That's a good idea thanks. I don't have a friction shifter but should be easy to source one. It would work ok as I don't change the front mech all that often

Last edited:
OP
OP
kmarkn

kmarkn

It’s a 10 speed campag cassette. The previous owner had put an old mtb cassette on so forks were already widened to 130mm

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice work - looks grand although it's a shame you couldn't keep the integrated shifters.

I'd love something similarly retro modern :smile:

Top Bottom