Upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not sure how true this is, but thought i would share

tmp_ITT-Time-Savings-2118239794.jpg

Sharky

Guru
You don't say over what distance the gains are. I suspect that the gains are all based on the same baseline, a standard road bike set up. I imagine each subsequent change would see a % gain but not a simple numerical gain.

But what is interesting is some of the gains compared with others and the difference in costs. Just think a pair of shoe covers makes you faster then a carbon aero frame!

I've got the hat, skin suit and aero bars and my times are "only" slower by about 8 mins from when I used to ride a normal bike. Dread to think what my times would be now if I was still riding the same set up!

Keith

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gains in that image are for 40km(25 miles) at around 30mph and as with anything of this sort, the gains will depend on many things. This is just meant to be illustrative.

Last edited:

frank9755

Cyclist
There's an article on bike radar somewhere that gives similar figures.

The ones in this chart are very high for the skin suit and the shoe covers, and quite low for the aero position. Obviously it depends what it is being compared with but the main thing is usually to get your position right.

Obviously the benefits come down, generally in a squared relationship, with speed. So at even at 25mph you only get slightly over half of what you would at 30mph :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The TT suit and shoe covers aren't going to be much faster than fitted road cycling kit. Biggest gains are TT bars, helmets and wheels. Positioning - well that should be pretty sorted before. Its just illustrative.

Top Bottom