upping average speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
I didn't say any of that, how did I imply you're as fast as Wiggo? I simply said, during the consistent moving time you will have to be working harder to keep the same pace as longer rides due to slowing and stopping effecting your overall speed more due to donating a greater percentage.

It makes perfect sense.

I know it does, I was joking!

Ningishzidda

Look at it this way. The pros ride about forty hours a week and average 22 ish mph cus they’re on roads with traffic.
A bloke who rides 5 hours a week ( 1/8 the time ) rides 2/3 of the speed of the pros. That’s not bad.

on the road

Über Member
err, did you not see my "restricted by work so can only ride at weekends"?

When I am based in our office in London, I cycle into work. But a lot of the time (like now for instance) I work at client site.

In the last year these have been in Norwich - so I spend the week in a hotel without access to a bike, or currently I am in Canary Wharf - which has about 850 bike parking spaces for 80 gazillion people, and even if I could park the bike there is nowhere at my clients to shower - and I am not the sort that can get away with just a quick wipe down with baby wipes

Either way I don't think doing that would up my average speed on my shorter rides just make me better/ quicker overll
How am I supposed to know what "restricted by work" means? You didn't mention all this in your last post. I offered you some advice because you asked for it, but rest assured if you ask for advice again you'll get none from me.

I know it does, I was joking!

Ah, I thought you were serious then....difficult to judge what's sarcasm and humor over the internet sometimes :wacko:...that said, I have enough trouble in real life...sigh.

I'd say some form of exercise to increase your lactic acid threshold to enable you to work at high intensity for short rides rather than moderate intensity over a long distance. Intervals or work in the gym maybe?

There'll be someone on here in a better place to advice on that though.

C

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
How am I supposed to know what "restricted by work" means? You didn't mention all this in your last post. I offered you some advice because you asked for it, but rest assured if you ask for advice again you'll get none from me.

what is wrong with you lot on here?
you all get pissed off at the drop of a hat.

I wasn't having a go at you but you obviously thought I was, apologies if I pissed you off

I'm going somewhere where you can have a sensible conversation

400bhp

Guru
what is wrong with you lot on here?
you all get ****ed off at the drop of a hat.

I wasn't having a go at you but you obviously thought I was, apologies if I ****ed you off

I'm going somewhere where you can have a sensible conversation

Commuting is >> that way >> :whistle:

Top Bottom