urgent help needed on how to get to Australia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
my son has been taken ill and i need to get to aus asap . how is the quickest way to get there and what do i need . the embassy is closed today and i am hoping we have some experienced travelers on here

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ring the airport? Hope he's ok

There is an Embassy emergency number "for Australians" that operates 24 hours per day....try this?

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade also provides Australians with emergency consular services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can contact the Consular Emergency Centre 0500 890 165 (free phone from the UK).

PK99

Legendary Member
my son has been taken ill and i need to get to aus asap . how is the quickest way to get there and what do i need . the embassy is closed today and i am hoping we have some experienced travelers on here

In a similar situation (Kenya and MiL) I phoned BA "Hello, I have a problem, lets see if you can help me."

They were fantastic. Cheap flight arranged virtually immediately, advice on documentation, etc

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Sorry to hear about your son. I hope his condition improves.

Australian border services website is here. Have never been myself, but would assume that processing time for the electronic travel authorization is very short.

Cheapest flights for immediate travel appear to be with Thai, Singapore, or Malaysian airlines (from Heathrow).

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry to hear about your son. I hope his condition improves.

Australian border services website is here. Have never been myself, but would assume that processing time for the electronic travel authorization is very short.

Cheapest flights for immediate travel appear to be with Thai, Singapore, or Malaysian airlines (from Heathrow).
Flightshare and all bar one depart after 21:30. The odd one out departs in an hour.

Best of luck and hope it's not too bad.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
An ETA is authorised pretty much instantly, all done online. And ring Trailfinders to sort out a cheap fare - you might save a little on Expedia, but an actual person is gonna be less stress.
Hope it all works out OK.

Medical treatment is very good in Australia. He will be in good hands. Public hospitals are free for British under reciprocal arrangement with NHS.

You should also contact British High Commission in Oz. They are the people who's job it is to help in these circumstances.

The flight will be agony ;24 hours where you can do nothing.

Hang in there

Top Bottom