Urinals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Why is that urinals always self-wash when you're emptying your bladder, thus causing a splash-back?

It happens every time I use the ones at work. Always walk out the gents looking like I've p1ssed myself.
angry.gif

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Infra-red sensor... or you're just lucky.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And why do the people who plan such facilities always assume that men like staring at strangers' genitals and rubbing shoulders with them while peeing?

I don't know what is worse - having a line of blokes squeezed up against each other, all trying to find a spot on the ceiling to stare at, or having some guy who isn't staring at the ceiling trying to engage you in friendly banter and totally putting you off the business in hand! (So to speak! :blush:)

Maz

Guru
Whatever happened to the old-fashioned ceramic separators? At least you had some privacy with them.

U

User482

Ours are waterless, so any splashback is self-inflicted. xx(

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Here is some superb workmanship from Contractor of the Year...

http://www.icbe.org/...are_urinals.jpg

Ah, the Siamese Combination Urinal

ColinJ

I never use the urinals, I always squat like a lady. I've just p1ssed myself.
A few years back, I was using one end of the trough urinal at the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge and another man was using the other end. Suddenly a woman came rushing in, pushed her way in between us and turned round, knickers round her knees and squatted over the trough ...

"Hope you don't mind lads, I was bustin' and there's a long queue for the Ladies!" :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And why do the people who plan such facilities always assume that men like staring at strangers' genitals and rubbing shoulders with them while peeing?
Here is some superb workmanship from Contractor of the Year...
http://www.icbe.org/...are_urinals.jpg
Whatever happened to the old-fashioned ceramic separators? At least you had some privacy with them.

I was in the changing rooms of a new club I am going to join, and was in one of the toilet cubicles. Anyway, I came out, and having located the sink just outside the door (actually just a separating wall with no door, what is that called?), went to wash my hands. Whilst this was happening, a young boy came in and started using one of the urinals right beside the 'door'.

It was then that I realised that, whilst standing washing my hands, that the boy was in FULL VIEW, practically in front of me through the 'doorway', no ceramic separator or anything! :wacko:

I just stood there marvelling at the complete and utter brilliance in lack of thought for it all (whilst drying my hands I hasten to add!), and might mention it next time I am down.... if I don't feel like too much of a pervert for actually noticing it in the first place! (it was pretty hard to miss). :biggrin::blush:

A few years back, I was using one end of the trough urinal at the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge and another man was using the other end. Suddenly a woman came rushing in, pushed her way in between us and turned round, knickers round her knees and squatted over the trough ...
"Hope you don't mind lads, I was bustin' and there's a long queue for the Ladies!" :blush:

Only if she's 'well fit!' :biggrin:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Adam Hart Davis apparently uses a straw bale urinal, which he has installed in his garden. I used one at a protest camp once. It didn't half niff. It smelt like a rabbit hutch. Very environmentally friendly though because it retains the nitrogen in your wee, so is useful as compost.

ColinJ

Gentlemen, have you discovered Lucinda Lambton? She has a wealth of informaton on this subject. Decades ago, she did an interview on the radio about photographing vintage public lavatories.... I think it was called Palaces of Convenience, but that may be wrong.

Anyway, here she is again...

[media]http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8176000/8176123.stm[/media]
That was quite entertaining.

Also entertaining is the use of the fake fly 'targets' in Schiphol airport urinals to improve punters' aim! (Apparently, in years gone by the target was often a picture of a bee - a pun on the Latin name for a bee - Apis. Apis, geddit - a piss? Never mind ... ;))

Top Bottom