urmmm help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

need2

Ok,I just bought a new bike Viking firenza 24 gears sti dual lever..

I am having problems with the front gears,the chain rubs on the guard after moving up from middle to outside chainring.It has been back to where I bought it to be adjusted,was ok when left,went out yesterday after about 2 miles and moving down from outside to middle chainring it was rubbing so much it sounded like a train on an old track,managed to get home without breaking anything.
With this kind of lever is it normal to be able to move the lever approx 3 inches,always had gripshift on other bikes so this is new to me ( sorry if I sound dumb )
When I got home I lifted the bike up got my other half to pedal the bike as I moved up and down the gears on both the front and the back,went ok no problems or rubbing.. Any idea what could be causing the problem as at the moment one of 3 things will happen to the bike neither one pleasant.
Any advice will be appreciated as going back to the store in the morning and don`t want to end up being fobbed off with some garbbage about the gearing system

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Could be many things, but its most likely not been set up properly.

Front mech setting is possibly the most annoying thing to do ona bike. just when you think you got it, it then decides its not happy about and grinds in one of the many gears. You can leave it to the spanner monkey, or check the park tools site if you fancy having a go yourself.

OP
OP
N

need2

Steve Austin said:
Could be many things, but its most likely not been set up properly.

Front mech setting is possibly the most annoying thing to do ona bike. just when you think you got it, it then decides its not happy about and grinds in one of the many gears. You can leave it to the spanner monkey, or check the park tools site if you fancy having a go yourself.

Thanks ,,
I will leave it for the spanner monkey to sort out again,,,if I try to sort it out it will end up being a bit of scrap which won`t go down well with the missues..
Is it normal for there to be so much movement in the lever as it seems odd to me having not used the style of gear change before

Top Bottom