Usain Bolt. Can anyone beat him? Yes, me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
For anyone suggesting or insinuating pharmaceutical assistance may be an ingredient in Usain Bolt's stellar rise to athletic prominence, last night's programme on BBC1 would have shown that to be blown out of the water. He is just naturally better than anyone else. From a time before he could conceivably have been doped, he was clearly in a different race to the rest of the field. There's film of him from 14 years old finishing STREETS ahead of the nearest rivals. Like Michael Johnson, he is an aberration; a specimen of humanity born 'differently' to the rest of us, blessed with supreme athletic gifts. So thrilling to watch, I recall being in the electrical department at a Selfridges on the occasion he won the 200 metres at the last Olympics and everyone just burst into spontaneous applause so thrilled were they to see him in such majestic action.

But tonight's programme asks if anybody can beat him and not to blow my own trumpet, but I can. I can prove that too as I did it earlier today http://connect.garmin.com/activity/200205344 You can see that while Bolt's top speed is a paltry 22.5 MPH, I did one mile in 2 mins 21 secs giving me a top speed of 25.5 MPH. Okay, I had a slight wind in my favour and there was a teensy bit of a downhill* but I confidently await the clarion call of the Olympic selection board.

* I hope I didn't forget to mention there was a bike involved?

Cheddar George

oober member
I could beat him at billiards.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I bet I could beat him at Twister. Or Cluedo. Or possibly Monopoly, cos i'm crap at Cluedo. OK, I bet I could beat him at making a Spanish Omelette. OK, I bet I could beat him at quoting Paul Weller lyrics. Hah, Usain, shout to the top, mate.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
For anyone suggesting or insinuating pharmaceutical assistance may be an ingredient in Usain Bolt's stellar rise to athletic prominence, last night's programme on BBC1 would have shown that to be blown out of the water. He is just naturally better than anyone else. From a time before he could conceivably have been doped, he was clearly in a different race to the rest of the field. There's film of him from 14 years old finishing STREETS ahead of the nearest rivals. Like Michael Johnson, he is an aberration; a specimen of humanity born 'differently' to the rest of us, blessed with supreme athletic gifts. So thrilling to watch, I recall being in the electrical department at a Selfridges on the occasion he won the 200 metres at the last Olympics and everyone just burst into spontaneous applause so thrilled were they to see him in such majestic action.

But tonight's programme asks if anybody can beat him and not to blow my own trumpet, but I can. I can prove that too as I did it earlier today http://connect.garmin.com/activity/200205344 You can see that while Bolt's top speed is a paltry 22.5 MPH, I did one mile in 2 mins 21 secs giving me a top speed of 25.5 MPH. Okay, I had a slight wind in my favour and there was a teensy bit of a downhill* but I confidently await the clarion call of the Olympic selection board.

I can beat him at having a vajayjay

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
This post is meaningless without photos :whistle:
usain-bolt_1129046.jpg

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
thats nothing i could beat him.

with a stick whilst he slept...

Herbie

Veteran

Hes the coolest athlete ever!

Top Bottom