Used bike question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks very cheaply made. Old technology and badly put together.

I'd not pay that much.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Whether it's worth it or not I couldn't say but I notice a couple of things. Why has it got new handlebars and why don't the wheels match? Has it been in an accident perhaps? I certainly wouldn't buy unless I could examine it first and check for cracks in the aluminium frame.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like a budget brand made in China.
Descrided as Shimano group set but only the RD is. Looks like it’s comprised of mainly cheap components. Old fashioned quill stem only found on bargain basement bikes now. Might be worth a punt for $100 as above but no more. Is 54cm your size?
You’d be better off going for one of the big name brands even if its older and not in such good condition.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
agreed with all of the above as a lot of the components are either budget or old tech , it may ride great but not that price great

quill stem
microshift shifters
shimano 2400 ? rear deraillier
mismatched wheels
pedals look like clip in ones i dont recognize which isnt a bad thing but you would need to replace with ones that you like or budget for shoes /clips that are compatible

I found a used Tommaso Tiempo aluminum road bike and the dude is asking $250, it looks very good and I'm wondering if it's worth the price or should I offer less ?.

Or look elsewhere

Top Bottom