Used Bits for old racer bike re build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

Hiya,
I took apart a Puch Mistral road bike at the new year, and I have the wheels, fork, stem, bars, cassette, shifters (band on) and a few other bits and pieces... you are more than welcome to all of them for the cost of postage if you want them? I need to clear the shed out anyway. cant comment on them though as I never used them. i stripped the bike down for a fixed gear training bike...

let me know

ChrisKH

Guru
BTFB - The wheels are 700 x 25 Aleba alloy, frame MBK Hi-tensile 707 tubing, 59.5cm downtube (middle of crank to top tube), reach tube 58 cm, tyres Vittoria Rubino Intrepid, brakes side pull weinmann. The front crank, chain and rear mech, etc comes with it. Rear wheel is sound but could do with a few spokes replacing. PM me if you're still interested and we can arrange pick up/drop off.

Cheers

Chris

PpPete

Legendary Member
BTFB If you need any brakes for it - I've some spare Tiagra calipers, bought on Ebay, then found they were too short for the frame I was building up (you live & learn!)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..ha!...well like the imortal line from McCartneys 'yesterday' let's just say..." I'm not half the man I used to be!":biggrin:

I think I found a matching front mech on ebay yesterday for £3 I am unsure if it will fit but it is the same make as the rear mech so I just bought it and hoped for the best.
Next up is stem and longer seatpost for the narrower french tube sizes....Bon Jouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrr!:smile::biggrin:

Thanks Pete..you have a Pm:smile:.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..anybody got a long 25mm diameter alloy seatpost hidden at the back of their shed?

...22mm diameter 120/130cm quill stem also would be cool...

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Progress so far:
(Thanks go to Chris and Andy for their generous donations!)

Here's the £30 frame so far. I have added a selle italia saddle (came with my galaxy) a campagnolo seat post and some drop bars with a french made stem and some shimano brake hoods

It's a 59cm frame wot say you about potential fit (once cranks are installed and a longer stem)?

These chrome bits for the derailer...do I fit it through the lower hole or on the axle bolt? Also what are those tiny screws at the back for...wheel alignment???

Still need a BB & crankset...

..and is this a standard 'braze on' shape for the front mech? Will any braze on front mech fit this?

My plans include white bar tape and a white saddle and some white or blue quick release jobbys for the wheels somehow. I also would like the cable housings to be white but can only find black.

Top Bottom