Used Boardman Hyb 8.9 E - battery issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

There's a huge difference between "not been charged for a year" at say 50-80% capacity, and "left empty for a year".
If you can negotiate a good price I'd go for it. I'd open with an offer of a typical used price based on age, minus the cost of a new or nearly new battery and take it from there. Based on your assessment of the risk of battery being good, fair or toast you could up your offer.

Is it this one 2022 Boardman HYB 8.9e?

My own experience was I had 2 x Bosch Powered Raleigh Motus Bikes. After being used regularly there came a point that the batteries had been charged and left on the side for over a year. Both bikes have since been ridden, and seem to be working fine with the range given is the range expected.

Apparently the owner hasn't used the app, would it be possible/feasible for me to download the app and check out the battery myself when viewing?

I'd do this. Ask the owner to charge the bike and then download the app and see what it says, do they still ride at all? Would they come out on a test ride as I'd probably want to use it at least a little probably on its max assist setting to see how it goes.

Top Bottom