Used cardboard bike boxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I go in that branch a lot.

I will make a point of asking about this next time I am in.

I would suggest that maybe others do as well.

Make Del Boy sweat a bit.

>>I know this company is a rip but still.

I should say that generally unlike some I don't consider Evans bad/a rip-off. rarely the cheapest up front (though they do price match) but they have done a lot to boost London cycling and are a good source of stuff.

PS - it is quite possibly that if Evans' PR company is doing its job and monitoring the web/online media they are going to find out about this thread and someone, high or low, is going to end up with some road debris on their face.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Good idea. If it helps, it was a blonde haired young chap, about 19.30 wednesday night?

I guess they have done a lot with their bike to work stuff, but I've seen prices go up in the last 10-15yrs as cycling gets more popular, in-particular having your bike serviced. Maybe its just my old age grumpiness coming in lol. I have bought 2bikes through them, so I have nothing bad against them as such.

Hopefully no road rash for anyone, maybe just let the staff know that the boxes are meant to be free. Good thing which comes out of this is that I will pop to my LBS, Brixton Cycles and get one there if need-be, and prob spend some cash too, win win.

Maybe its just my old age grumpiness coming in lol. I have bought 2bikes through them, so I have nothing bad against them as such.

Hopefully no road rash for anyone, maybe just let the staff know that the boxes are meant to be free. Good thing which comes out of this is that I will pop to my LBS, Brixton Cycles and get one there if need-be, and prob spend some cash too, win win.

Maybe not grumpy : - I have noticed of late that they often don't shop-stock the cheaper but perfectly good option on something though they can get it from the warehouse - I know shops have limited space but suspicions of upselling. A while ago I asked about Ridgeback bikes as I rate them as decent good value bikes. I was told by a staff member at the Cut that they stock in the shop what there is a customer demand for, though they could bring a Ridgeback from the warehouse to the shop if I wanted. I suspect that again they want to sell folk up - Ridgebacks are often good value/not overly flashy.

Agree, no roadrash desired but a bit of, er, "re-education".

More power to Brixton Cycles :smile:

Top Bottom