useless items.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

when my new bike arrived it included a box full of reflectors and two very poor quality lights.....because the bike has unusual tube shapes, none of the reflectors will fit onto the frame or the wheels and the lights they sent me (for free) would not illuminate anything larger than a baked been tin!!!

Any suggestions what i can do with the reflectors and lights......?

ChrisKH

Guru
Build you own flexible sigmoidoscope using aforesaid lights, an ATC 200 helmet camera (won from MagnaTom) and and an old inner tube.............................

I suspect Trading Standards wouldn't be too impressed.

It's a legal requirement that reflectors and a bell are fitted to all bicycles sold in the UK.
It'll be upto whoever sold it to you to fulfil this - although it would help if the manufacturer/importer supplied something they can fit !

I'm always amused that this legal requirement means that even top-end carbon road-rockets are fitted with the nastiest, cheapest, ugliest reflectors by the shop, which of course you strip off as soon as you get home...

bonj2

I think if we pooled all the reflectors such as orange spoke reflectors that we've all taken off bikes then we could make some kind of modern art out of them.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Imagine if we could get them all orbiting the Earth? What a marvellous sight that would be.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
bonj said:
I think if we pooled all the reflectors such as orange spoke reflectors that we've all taken off bikes then we could make some kind of modern art out of them.

A mate of mine has done this in a small way with all the reflectors he has found by the road-side, or old bikes etc. It's a windmill affair in his garden, very nice!

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

I was thinking of building them into an orb for when the suns intensity dies and the earth is in need of sunlight, we could use this reflection device as a 'secondary sun'

....or i could 'pimp' my little boys 'Bob the Builder' scooter

bonj2

Rigid Raider said:
Imagine if we could get them all orbiting the Earth? What a marvellous sight that would be.

It's not as silly as it sounds. It would actually help climate change, as it would cause more of the sun's rays to be reflected back again into space. I think this will actually be done eventually anyway.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You could put them all in a small plastic bag and give them to a local charity shop. Someone might be glad to get them for a few pence, and the charity benefits too.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
You could put them all in a small plastic bag and give them to a local charity shop. Someone might be glad to get them for a few pence, and the charity benefits too.
Yes, and it would "reflect" your generosity, too. :biggrin: (buys coat from charidee shop and leaves)...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
andy_wrx said:
I suspect Trading Standards wouldn't be too impressed.

It's a legal requirement that reflectors and a bell are fitted to all bicycles sold in the UK.It'll be upto whoever sold it to you to fulfil this - although it would help if the manufacturer/importer supplied something they can fit !

I'm always amused that this legal requirement means that even top-end carbon road-rockets are fitted with the nastiest, cheapest, ugliest reflectors by the shop, which of course you strip off as soon as you get home...
Not so actually. Bikes sold without pedals (ie virtually everything serious cyclists are likely to buy) are exempt because they are not classed as complete bicycles.

Top Bottom