Uses for old male underwear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Calling @Drago . Or not as the case may be. I think i will pass on the suggestion. :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
I always keep a pair of my old Y fronts around. They're as useful as Ford Prefect's towel, albeit rather more stained.

Stranded on a desert island? Fear not! Y fronts can be used as a sleeping bag, for carrying water, for signalling passing aircraft, or as a sail for your raft.

Being attacked by a large bear? Attach a pair of my crusty old Y fronts to a stick to ward them off, and Gentle Ben wont come near you.

Are you an ageing pop star having your house searched by the Police Wing of the BBC? A pair of my old Y fronts over your head will conceal your crumbling visage from the pryi g eyes of helicopters, although you may need to hold your breath for an awful long time,

Dave7

Legendary Member
Intriguing.

http://www.farawayvisions.com/how-to-recycle-mens-underwear/

One hopes that any women using this tip ethically source the raw material.

Note advice in piece to check for any "weird stains".
After reading this I checked all 3 pairs of my Y fronts (that gives me 6 weeks between washing). I recognise some of the stains and can recall how they got there.....I can even remember the dates some of them got there. But some of them did surprise me.
I may invest in another pair next time I go to the pound shop.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A friend of ours uses his old underpants to block the entry holes in his swift nest boxes in early spring to prevent house sparrows using them. When the swifts arrive, he pulls the pants out with a piece of string and in they go.

I may do the same here next year (probably with my old pants not his!) as both our house Martin nest boxes have sparrows in them this year. I'll put some sparrow nest boxes up as well as I like having them around too.

Top Bottom