Using a car window to cut an apple in half.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What other pointless things can you use your car for?
How about...
  • A 3 mile commute?
  • Buying one bag of shopping from a supermarket a 5 minute walk away?
  • Doing what one of my neighbours used to do - a 1,000 metre round trip to the newsagent to pick up his evening paper. Bonus pointlessness - he only lived 250 metres from the shop so the drive was twice as far as the walk, and actually took longer once turns and parking were taken into account!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's a group of US enthusiasts who cook roadkill on the cylinder heads of their pickup trucks.

PK99

Legendary Member
How about...
  • A 3 mile commute?
  • Buying one bag of shopping from a supermarket a 5 minute walk away?
  • Doing what one of my neighbours used to do - a 1,000 metre round trip to the newsagent to pick up his evening paper. Bonus pointlessness - he only lived 250 metres from the shop so the drive was twice as far as the walk, and actually took longer once turns and parking were taken into account!

I used to think similar things about a neighbour who took her kids by car to the school 250m away, driving twice the distance as walking.

When she had a replacement hip in her 40's I revised my view and regretted my judgemental attitude.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I used to think similar things about a neighbour who took her kids by car to the school 250m away, driving twice the distance as walking.

When she had a replacement hip in her 40's I revised my view and regretted my judgemental attitude.
To be fair that's a good model to carry around in life with you. But aside from being judgemental my nan who was on her 90s had a hip replacement and could walk to the shops and back. Which wasnt an insignificant trip. 500 metres isnt far at all.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I knew the neighbour in question - he had nothing wrong with his legs! He was still able to quickly hop in and out of his car 30 years later... He was just lazy.

My dad OTOH had both hips completely wrecked by osteoarthritis by the time that he was 60 so he wasn't going anywhere after that, except by car. It took him 15-20 minutes to get from sitting down inside the house to being in the car in front of the house. And before some smartarse suggests it - no, we did NOT have a 1 mile long garden path! When pa took the dog for a walk, in reality it consisted of driving to the park and setting him free to play with the dogs of dog-walking friends.

Top Bottom