Using Strava on smartphone for navigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

As the title says is this possible to be given left and right turns if I create a route in Strava. My friend has the Garmin Edge 1000 and he can download routes and that enables him to be given step by step instructions. All I can do is start a route I have created and it does show the route on the map but without any navigation guidance.

Any ideas?

vickster

Legendary Member
What phone do you have?

Sim2003

I use the Z3 and Runtastic. Like you though it doesn't give directions on route It just simply highlights the route itself. With Runtastic however you can make the map full screen so its not a issue not sure if you can on strava.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
In the past I have created a route in strava then used OsmAnd to follow the route on an Android smart phone. I have since moved to a Garmin 520, but still keep OsmAnd as a backup.

Sim2003

Google maps gives you directed routes although I think the mapping system on it is rubbish for choosing cycle routes. Lots of apps out there though so no idea apart from the few I use.

mythste

Veteran
Google maps gives you directed routes although I think the mapping system on it is rubbish for choosing cycle routes. Lots of apps out there though so no idea apart from the few I use.

Agreed, I have much more success telling it i'm a car and that I want to avoid motorways!

markharry66

Über Member
Google Maps is rubbish for bikes out a few weeks ago using it for route and it directed me to a dual carriage way forget it get something else.

vickster

Legendary Member
Was it a DC where bikes are not allowed? My Garmin isn't perfect either for sure, but it won't direct you onto a motorway (so far)

Top Bottom