Using the quote function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nonethewiser

Sorry if this is a bit of a bonehead question but I'm not all that experienced a forum user generally. I'd be very grateful if someone would explain to me how to use the quote function . I recall seeing something in another thread some time ago and I did manage to use the function once but thereafter didn't use the forum for about 6 months and now I can't remember!

It's for when you want to include quotes from more than one post on your reply.

Click on +quote for each post you want. Then when you go to reply you should see and "Insert Quotes" button.

Screenshot_20180717-172318_1.png

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Didn’t know you could do that. Every day is a school day.

Thanks.
This is pretty perfect. I was trying to keep it simple, so he could use the functionality. Someone adding that in a separate post (@Pat "5mph" :hello:) gives extra information to the OP without confusing the simple explanation, and also other users.

Something I didn't realise until just now when I tested it: if you want to reply to several different points in the same post, you can select each point, and +quote them, and you will get multiple quotes from the same OP. Embarrassingly, I've been hand editing them. Please don't tell anyone!

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
OP
OP
N

Nonethewiser

It's for when you want to include quotes from more than one post on your reply.

Click on +quote for each post you want. Then when you go to reply you should see and "Insert Quotes" button.

View attachment 419791

Excellent, it's not as difficult as I thought. Many thanks for that and it would seem that I've opened a thread that's been useful to others too.

Top Bottom