Utterly Butterleigh 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It was on my wish list, but my youngest is back to school the next day, so I shall be in the woods, trying to coax her back to civilisation. Doing the Radonnée from Bristol the following weekend to make up for it.

OP
OP
Tilley

Tilley

Über Member
As I will be driving down from Bristol for this event can anyone local recommend a good breakfast stop in the early stages of the ride?

Ajax Bay

Guru
can anyone local recommend a good breakfast stop in the early stages of the ride?
The Canal Tea Rooms, Tiverton at 44km serves quick tasty food (used regularly as a Sunday ride coffee stop) but may be a bit busy: it's a control and I'm stamping the cards. There are several cafes in town eg a Costa (opens at 7am). But I suspect you're after something a little earlier than 44km. The St George and Dragon pub serves breakfasts 8 till 10 and that's only a minute off route (junction of Topsham Road and A396) - at 12.8km. Otherwise the route is a bit 'spartan' for breakfast offerings. The route passes close to the NT cafe at Killerton at km29 (about 400m off route) but doesn't open till 11am. Later on the route comes south through the edge of Cullompton (55km) and there are places there too in the town centre, (just off route) and a MacDonalds (on route, imm before M5 bridge).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tilley

Tilley

Über Member
I have been avidly watching the weather forecast all week in the hope that it would change, but as heavy rain is forecast on Sunday I have chosen to service the trike rather than struggle around the audax. I hope all those attending have a good day despite the weather.

OP
OP
Tilley

Tilley

Über Member
Sorry to hear that the weather is so foul, but glad in another way as it means I didn't cry off of a really good event for no reason.

Ajax Bay

Guru
In forecast and actual very poor weather, 15 riders started.

Top Bottom