Uttoxeter > Langollen > Uttoxeter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Love Llangollen, used to be one of my favorite destinations.

subaqua

What’s the point
Used to live on Merseyside. Was still a good ride, about 90 mile round trip, going over the Horseshoe Pass and descending into Llangollen.

it is a good ride , but your ascents and descents of the horseshoe should be equal, or skewed in favour of more ascents . I loved riding that when i was younger and lived in N Wales. up and down all day. The ponderosa cafe was a good rest stop .

Sharky

Guru
it is a good ride , but your ascents and descents of the horseshoe should be equal, or skewed in favour of more ascents . I loved riding that when i was younger and lived in N Wales. up and down all day. The ponderosa cafe was a good rest stop .
Yes a good area for cycling. Always seemed easier going north to south, but then our runs leader took us back via Worlds End, which I'm sure contained a bit of climbing. All along time ago.
Cheers Keith

silvervanplumberman

Über Member
Off to Llangollen myself this Sunday(15th May) as part of Uttoxeter Cycling Club, doing the Dougie Mac charity ride from Michelin sports ground in Stoke. Some of us are riding from Uttoxeter so it will end up being about 150 mile round trip. Looking forward to it. :bicycle::ohmy:

Scoop

Regular
Off to Llangollen myself this Sunday(15th May) as part of Uttoxeter Cycling Club, doing the Dougie Mac charity ride from Michelin sports ground in Stoke. Some of us are riding from Uttoxeter so it will end up being about 150 mile round trip. Looking forward to it. :bicycle::ohmy:

I need to come along to Uttoxeter Cc. Can I just show up?

Scoop

Regular
Yeah just show up, Sunday morning, all rides leave at 9am. You won't be pressured to join. Link to our web site below. Don't show up this weekend though as nearly all regular riders are doing the Dougie Mac route and there won't be anybody there. Hope to see you there sometime.

http://www.uttoxetercyclingclub.com/

Excellent! Enjoy the Dougie Mac...I quite fancied it myself with it being quite a flat route but its double my max distance so far!

Top Bottom