Vaccine Passports Other Countries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
We head to Canada in a couple of weeks to see DD1&2 for the first time in nearly 2 years. Borders are now open to double vaccinated.

I was interested to see BC's vaccine Passport rules & Masks and the contrast to UK where this seems such an issue

Vaccine passports Canada.jpeg

Ditto Mask wearing rules;

Masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).

This includes:

• Malls, shopping centres
  • Grocery and liquor stores
  • Airports
  • Coffee shops
  • On public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle
  • Libraries
  • Clothing and retail stores
  • Areas of office buildings where services to the public are provided
  • Common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity
  • Common areas of post-secondary institutions and non-profit organizations
  • Inside schools for all K to 12 staff, visitors and students in grades 4 to 12
  • Drug stores
  • Community centres
  • Recreation centres
  • City Halls
  • Restaurants, pubs and bars when not seated at a table
There are exemptions for:

• People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
  • People who cannot remove a mask on their own
  • Children under the age of 12
  • People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person's hearing impairment
A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If we go to BC, we go in late July or early August so we've missed the boat this year but it's good news generally. Do you know if everybody on a plane to Canada has to show a vaccine passport before flying?

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
If we go to BC, we go in late July or early August so we've missed the boat this year but it's good news generally. Do you know if everybody on a plane to Canada has to show a vaccine passport before flying?

I assume so, as no entry to Canada unless Double Vaccinated with approved vaccines plus 72 hour PCR test.

Rocky

Hello decadence
We head to Canada in a couple of weeks to see DD1&2 for the first time in nearly 2 years. Borders are now open to double vaccinated.

I was interested to see BC's vaccine Passport rules & Masks and the contrast to UK where this seems such an issue

View attachment 608179

Ditto Mask wearing rules;

Masks are required in all public indoor settings for all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+).

This includes:

• Malls, shopping centres
  • Grocery and liquor stores
  • Airports
  • Coffee shops
  • On public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle
  • Libraries
  • Clothing and retail stores
  • Areas of office buildings where services to the public are provided
  • Common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity
  • Common areas of post-secondary institutions and non-profit organizations
  • Inside schools for all K to 12 staff, visitors and students in grades 4 to 12
  • Drug stores
  • Community centres
  • Recreation centres
  • City Halls
  • Restaurants, pubs and bars when not seated at a table
There are exemptions for:

• People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
  • People who cannot remove a mask on their own
  • Children under the age of 12
  • People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person's hearing impairment
A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.
I hope you have a good and relatively hassle-free trip. 2 years is a long time. Indeed, we haven't seen No 1 son for over 2 years - he's in Fiji. Its borders are supposedly opening in a couple of months, but I think, logistics-wise it'll be another year till we get to see him.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In France just now and proof of vaccination is needed to get into all cafes and restaurants. Rigorously enforced too. OK if you use your phone but the Scottish paper one is going to get very dog-eared.

Top Bottom