Vacuous line managers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
NickM said:
I like it :blush:

I no longer speak to my "line manager" except strictly in the course of duty, even though he sits one desk along from me. I try to despise rather than hate him; the latter might require the expenditure of mental energy.

Being an underling is a state of mind which I have long since discarded. I leave jobs rather than allow people to think that they can "manage" me.

Well put. I may be "only" a lorry driver but I happen to be very good at it and I'm proud of that. Fortunately there are only six people working where I work. We all get on pretty well, everyone mucks in and helps (the general manager's not above driving a lorry or a forklift most days) and there's very little bullshit, certainly no "line managers" or "appraisals".

NickM

Veteran
KitsuneAndy said:
I really have no idea how some people manage to get jobs where they are in charge of people, when they're clearly idiots.
Weird, isn't it? My immediate "line manager" is quite obviously a clinical obsessive-compulsive case (I just ignore him most of the time). The next one up the hierarchy is a joyless workaholic who is far into the Asperger's spectrum. Neither of these worms inspires the slightest smidgeon of respect or loyalty.

Oh well I had a nice as pie email from her this morning as if nothing had happened...no apology though. Various other upset colleagues and I are thinking of getting together and talking to HR about it. In the last 2 days she's managed to upset someone from another teaching group who has been down in our department trying to sort it out.

Top Bottom