Value on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svielma

I'm thinking about selling my Bridgestone 2000. But I'm not sure the value of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230609_100925.jpg
    IMG_20230609_100925.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230609_100916.jpg
    IMG_20230609_100916.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230609_100853.jpg
    IMG_20230609_100853.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230609_100841.jpg
    IMG_20230609_100841.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230609_100822.jpg
    IMG_20230609_100822.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6

AndyRM

XOXO
Looks in good nick and fairly original. The answer is always whatever someone is willing to pay, but a bit of Googling suggests around the £150 mark.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks nice but would need photos of the correct side (and the chain on!) plus a decent description to sell.

Unfortunately values are subdued at the moment for older bikes, partly due to the Covid buying boom and partly due to constrained finances meaning there are lots for sale.

£150 on a good day, £100 if an urgent sale. eBay's 'Sold' listings should give a better idea.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Apologies if I’m wrong, the photos are not clear, but it doesn’t look in the best condition, is there cracking around the seat cluster?
From the catalogue it looks like a 1986 Grand-Vélo 2000.
IMG_2655.jpeg

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bridgestone is not a particularly sought after or well known make. A bit more info about the specs might be useful but I'd guess around a hundred squids on a good day.
Are you in the UK or elsewhere?

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Bridgestone is not a particularly sought after or well known make. A bit more info about the specs might be useful but I'd guess around a hundred squids on a good day.
Are you in the UK or elsewhere?

I'd beg to differ - they're typically Japanese-made, often from decent Tange tubing (although this one seems to be relatively base-spec) have a good rep and have some nice, clean, classic designs that IMO have aged well. I'd have one as a classic road bike if I could find a decent example that fit me :smile:

As for this one' difficult to tell since they're not massively common over here. Seems in reasonable if not great nick but fairly low end. No direct experience but gut says a ton or less as others have already suggested.

I would comment
But, I'm not allowed to!
Ignoring how petulant this post sounds, I would remind you that interfering with the sales/purchases of people who are posting on the classifieds is a different thing to commenting on a thread where someone has actually asked a question about the value of something they're thinking about selling. Your comments are as welcome as anyone else's on this bit of the forum. But that's not what this thread is about.

Now, as you asked @Svielma - that is a nice but also sadly quite ordinary. Bridgestone stuff was well-made and much of it was designed by Grant Petersen who became a very influential frame designer. But I am with @Spiderweb - we need to see a better picture of the seat cluster because it looks cracked to me. If it is cracked, maybe you'd get something for the wheels and other parts but the frame is beyond any economical repair..

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We're mostly Brits on here @Svielma so our estimated worth might not apply in Texas. £100 is about $125.
How is the demand for drop bar sports bikes from the millennium?
Imagine that cruisers and mountain bikes might have a bigger following?

Top Bottom