Value on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would ask on Reddit - I suspect as a brand it would be better known/more collectible on that side of the pond.

I have to say though that condition is everything and it doesn't look well cared for even if it isn't cracked. It isn't going to be worth enough to retire on.

OP
OP
S

Svielma

I am not quite sure I never followed bike clubs. It was just a stress relief for me. Put some music in my ears and go. It
We're mostly Brits on here @Svielma so our estimated worth might not apply in Texas. £100 is about $125.
How is the demand for drop bar sports bikes from the millennium?
Imagine that cruisers and mountain bikes might have a bigger following?

To be honest I'm not sure about any of the demands. I've never really been into any type of bike club. I used it for about 5 years when I didn't have a car. I got tired of getting ripped off by mechanics, so I decided to start riding bikes instead. It really helped with my health and stress. I haven't used it in about 3 years... So I'm not sure if I want to sell it or have it restored. I really love the ride, it was smooth and fast.

OP
OP
S

Svielma

I would ask on Reddit - I suspect as a brand it would be better known/more collectible on that side of the pond.

I have to say though that condition is everything and it doesn't look well cared for even if it isn't cracked. It isn't going to be worth enough to retire on.

I wasn't looking to retire on it, I was looking for somebody to love it as much as I do.🙂

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
A decent number of Bridgestone’s bikes found there way into Canada as they were carried by a few chain stores over here, so I do run into them once in a while. Unfortunately people just don’t seem to value Japanese bikes unless they are the top of the line models in really good shape. They are just not from the right part of the world and get no respect as a result. Sad really as I would rate my Suntour Cyclone stuff above my Campagnolo Nuevo Record stuff anyday.

I overhauled this Bridgestone for a friend last year and I think he would be lucky to get $100 for it if he were to sell it.

98195901-A0E7-46FA-B889-97C284D71DE2.jpeg

We put about 200 into it so it was obviously a labour of love as he bought it new when he was in highschool.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't think this will appeal or have much value to those that just want a bike. Better to seek out a bunch of enthusiasts like a local cycling club and ask there.

Top Bottom