Valuing Trek Madone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

py6km

Hi Folks:

In December last year I bought a new Trek Madone 4.9, the idea being that I would gradually begin ramping up my cycling to get into work. Shortly after this, the council starting digging up all the roads to make way for a new housing development slap bang in the middle of my main commute.

I want to sell the bike because I've simply not used it because of this (it's covered less than 30 (dry) miles).

However, I have no idea where to pitch the price - it cost (and still costs) £2500 - would £2100 be about right considering the condition etc?

Thanks for the help.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi py6km

Not to put off a new poster - welcome to the forum but we get a lot of spam etc so just checking have you got receipts/knowledge re the bike first before answering your question? Just as wouldn't want to help someone forward on a stolen bike- sorry for the presumption, I assume you are the owner as you know the value of the bike but it's not always the case.

OP
OP
P

py6km

No problem - I am the owner, and I have the receipt etc; was bought (new, by me) from my local Cycle Surgery. I researched which bike to get a fair bit before deciding on this one, so know a reasonable bit about it. Obviously it has some nice kit on it up to and including Dura Ace.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Seems sad that you'd have to sell the bike, is there not an alternate route to commute to work or keep hold of it for weekend cycles? tbh sell it for the value you believe it to be and if as you say it hasn't depreciated much then fair enough, you'd probably be good to try local clubs to you where someone would want a good Trek. i'd suggest here too but you'd need to post up a bit more before you could post in for sale, it's just one of those rules. Ebay of course.

Good luck - I'd say hold on to it (but then I'm not the best to advise-lots of bikes!)

OP
OP
P

py6km

I would like to keep it, but to be honest, I could do with the money too. I did dabble on eBay, but got the usual time wasters - I think a more focussed forum, like this, would probably work better. Maybe I'll list here (although I have no idea how many posts are required before that's allowed?).

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I think though not sure, it's a number above 50 posts that is set at a different random number of posts for each member. I don't think it's possible to list it's spec under other areas- maybe a moderator can clarify?

That is sad indeed, I hope you find a good home for it

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it's a random number of posts between 25-50. So make yourself at home and get posting in some of the other forums.

OP
OP
P

py6km

ianrauk said:
it's a random number of posts between 25-50. So make yourself at home and get posting in some of the other forums.

Thanks!

Top Bottom