Valverde banned from Worlds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzy29

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com

Spanish rider Alejandro Valverde has been banned from next month's world championships because of his possible implication in the Operation Puerto doping investigation.

"During the meticulous studying of the 6,000-page Puerto dossier, the UCI has concluded that several documents may show the involvement of Alejandro Valverde in the affair," the International Cycling Union said in a statement issued on Wednesday.

The UCI said it had asked the Spanish Cycling Federation to open disciplinary proceedings against the rider, but said such action would not imply any guilt on Valverde's part.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I am completely lost as to the status of the Puerto inquiry, or who is now overseeing it, or what might be the outcome.

Keith Oates

Janner
The trouble is that Puerto has now been going on for over a year and still they don't know who was or was not involved. It's time to put up or shut up as it's not doing the riders involved or implicated any good and just adds to the adverse message it gives to cycling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

I share Tim's sentiment but I still want to see those who were cheating brought to justice, even if it takes time.

Valv.piti's performances since OP now seem to make more sense to me.

Will1985

Über Member
And now Contador isn't riding either....is his mind really not up to it, or is it a way to save face in case his Puerto links get him banned from Stuttgart in a more public fashion?

Top Bottom