Van Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I was doing about 20 mph down a narrow road http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?layer=c&cbll=53.59898,-2.141806&cbp=12,77.77,,0,-7.87&ved=0CBcQ2wU&ei=DrTWS6HyB9W5jAewz-DYDQ&ie=UTF8&ll=53.598923,-2.141991&spn=0,0.084028&z=14&panoid=2yDJX9fGbxJP_-MS5GFykQ that always has parked cars on the left, so I take primary naturally. A non emergency ambulance pulls out of the junction behind me and then proceeds to rev his engine to what I can assume was almost redline, then blasts past narrowly missing me at around 35 mph, the limit is 20 mph on that road. What is it with some people, I shouted and waved in disgust as that's supposed to be a professional driver.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
an all too normal everyday commuting occurrence these days unfortunately

Dob 'em in. The patient transport supervisor will know exactly who it was and they deserve a good talking to at the very least. There's the driving issue per se, but they are also responsible for the safety of the vulnerable people they transport.

I am passed by non-urgent ambulances all the time and their driving standards are excellent.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
esrite said:
i've notice this as well - non emergency ambulance drivers doing reckless maneuvers that could put me in hospital

The worst part of my route for getting left hooked is right outside Ipswich A&E hospital :biggrin:

Mike!

Guru
4F said:
The worst part of my route for getting left hooked is right outside Ipswich A&E hospital :tongue:

Whilst i don't pass that entrance the back entrance of Heath Road roundabout can be interesting too!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
esrite said:
i've notice this as well - non emergency ambulance drivers doing reckless maneuvers that could put me in hospital

Well with payment by results they're just trying to get extra income for their hospital!! :eek:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mike! said:
Whilst i don't pass that entrance the back entrance of Heath Road roundabout can be interesting too!

Oh yes, that's the next bit :eek: as I then head up Colchester Road

Top Bottom