Vango Banshee 200 or similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I'm after a Banshee or similar tent that wont break the bank. It has to be less than 3kgs(nearer 2) no more than 2 man & fairly compact. Will only be used in mild/warm weather and not too fussed about being able to sit bolt upright in it.

Any opinions/options are welcome, also any reviews of the Banshee.
Preferably not a one night in the back garden review though :evil:

Anthony

How much money are you willing to spend?

Ricd11

I'm afraid I havent tested my banshee 200 much more thoroughly than in the back garden. But I cycled 30 odd miles with it on the back to a mates 21st in a field. The weather was pretty bad as it was a couple of months ago. I was very happy with it, light and compact, easy to pitch, kept the rain out and it was 70 squid. I'll be using it for a few months soon so it better be good!

Not much of a review as you said but at least its a response of some sort

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thanks Ric. What was the space inside like, did you have any kit in there etc.

Anthony, looking at no more than £150. I can't see the point in buying a Hilleberg Akto for £300 + when the Banshee is modelled on it anyway. It will only be used for a few long weekends a year during the summer.

Ta:biggrin:

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've looked at that but it is just a mesh inner from what I can see and may get too draughty. I don't really fancy fibreglass poles either, I've had them break before and had to fix with a stick and some tape :sad:

Bandini

I haven't used mine yet, but it gets good reviews. Have a good hunt round on the net - big difference in prices. I got a 300 for £65 - a couple of months ago though, so out of season.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Yeomans had them on sale yesterday but as usual I missed out!! The sale ended at midnight.

I've read lots of the reviews but haven't actually had a confirmation of the quality etc from an actual user. I think I'll go with it, most of the others have too much mesh, single skin or fibreglass poles.

I'd better hurry, I need it on Friday :becool:

Bandini

Have a good one!

Ricd11

The room was good inside considering the weight and pack size. I'm 5'8" and could just about sit up in it and change out of lycras into something more partylike which was handy. I had clothes and panniers thrown in there too, I don't have anything to compare it to but it seemed good and the little porch can certainly fit my 56L pannier. The ground sheet is rather thin, but I'm guessing thats the case with all light weight tents. I was also rather rodentus posteriosis and a roll mat + winter sleeping bag would have been very nice but thats abit off topic

Rich

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thanks for that Rich.
Believe it or not that's the best review I've got on it yet.

'you can get changed in it whilst pi55ed & be next to your panniers' is a winner :evil::biggrin:

Echolalia

Veteran
I have a Vango Tempest 200 in Green (two man), that comes with a Lifeventure compression sack to make the pack size tiny (30x20cms) with the poles put in your panniers. Comes with original tags and tent bag. £65 if interested?

Top Bottom