Vango Tempest 200 Tent pole misery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just about to go off today for a 4 day cycle around the cotswolds with my vango tempest 200 which brought of ebay a couple of months ago. I checked it over to make sure all the parts were there on arrival but I didnt erect it. I was playing around with it this morning and I've noticed one of the tent poles included in the set doesnt seem to go with this tent!! it's really long with a curve at the end. The pitching instructions arent much good but I cant find a place for it to go, the pole is colour coded so to match the tent slot so I cant undestand how the seller managed to send out the wrong pole with the tent, I am angry I want to go campingggggggggg. Any idea's where i can buy tent poles from today??

Thanks

C

chillyuk

Milletts or Blacks have poles if you have one local. Is it a straight pole you need or one with a curve. If the latter you may be pushing it at short notice unless you have a super camping store in your area.

OP
OP
roundisland
chillyuk said:
Milletts or Blacks have poles if you have one local. Is it a straight pole you need or one with a curve. If the latter you may be pushing it at short notice unless you have a super camping store in your area.

It must be a curved one, there is two curved and one long straight one with a curve at the end which is the one i need to change i think. for another curved one.

Thanks

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Could you ring the store in advance and see if they stock that tent... and so could look at what poles they have there before buying?

Echolalia

Veteran
That long blue pole bewilders at first, I spent a good hour thinking this can't be the right pole when I used the Tempest. But it does fit, flex, bend and curve like a mother around the top of the porch, the yellow coloured one goes infront to act as a lip for the porch. Takes practice like they say in that link. Make sure you have clipped the pole in and push it in at one end, before bending it to the other end.

Top Bottom