Vanilla Bikes in Morecombe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Just wondered if anyone else had issues with this shop?

A relative bought me a set of Crud Pac mudguards from this retailer as a Christmas present. They were advertised on the website as being perfect for hybrids. However, what the website doesn't say is that the mudguards can't be used if the bike has v brakes, as the cable run obstructs the fitting. The mudguards were returned to the shop at cost to the purchaser, unused and in original packing, some weeks ago, although the shop hasn't issued a refund or offered an exchange and does not appear to have any intention of making amends.

Anyone else had a problem with this retailer?

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you phoned them to a) confirm they received the package b) to talk to the manager about the refund. Forget email, call them.

I had an issue with a non responsive retailer once and got the credit card company involved. The retailer suddenly became very responsive when the full amount spent was refunded. I'd bought two pairs of shorts and only returned one!

OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Have you phoned them to a) confirm they received the package b) to talk to the manager about the refund. Forget email, call them.

I had an issue with a non responsive retailer once and got the credit card company involved. The retailer suddenly became very responsive when the full amount spent was refunded. I'd bought two pairs of shorts and only returned one!

Yes, my Step Father phoned them and they just said they'd get back to him and never did. I think it is pretty unfair as he is a pensioner and they've now got his money and the returned mud guards (he paid about £5 return postage too). Dissapointing as my LBS would never treat customers like this.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did he use a credit card? If so, just start a claim through them, they'll get the money back and then it's up to the retailer to argue the toss with the CC company

Top Bottom