Various child cycles and trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are looking to make room by selling a few items our son has grown out of. All good kit in good condition.

First item is a Burley D-lite two child trailer I understand it's the 2013 model (just before they added adjustability to the suspension). It has 16" push centre wheels which can be removed. Standard Burley towing arm and hitch (X2). Usual specification including sun shade, mesh option for the opening, waterproof cover for the opening and two, 5 point, adjustable harnesses fur the seat. Elastomer suspension. Wheels have puncture resistant tape in the tyres (we didn't want to have to fix punctures mid ride, they worked well). Parking brake (needed to allow you to lift your child out).

This is a really good trailer in excellent condition. I don't know what is a fair price since I've not seen many come on the secondhand market. Fair offers will be considered if you think £100 is too much based on collecting from us and cash on collection. I've seen them being sold for £375 but that's way overpriced.

We're near Lancaster, just off the M6 so easy to find. PM me if interested. I will probably post on CUK forum and if no interest will possibly gumtree it after a few weeks.

Our son was towed in this from the age of about 9 months to probably the last ride out at about 3 years old.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Second item is a 12" wheeled child's bike. Ridgeback MX12 in blue. Good condition but not been used for over a year. Stored inside a dry shed.

It's quite a light bike for the size, not a cheap Halfords kids bike but a good, mid range bike. Comes with stabilisers.

Make me an offer when you collect it but base it on a guide price of £25 based on collected from our place in Lancaster.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Third item is a balance bike, red and a basic one. Call it £10 collected or make me an offer. Lancaster area for collection.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Basically I've put guide prices for things but will be open to offers. They're all in decent condition, the trailer is in especially good condition, so you'll get something that should last you as long as you need them to for less than original price.

I'm not a regular buyer and seller so don't have PayPal. All transactions would need to be cash on collection. Reasons for sale are we need the space, we don't use them and they're too good to just throw away. I hope they give you and your child plenty of pleasure. They've created a very keen cyclist out of our son. As a whole these items for sale represent the cycling experience of the first 4 or so years of our son's life. There is a 16" wheeled bike but we're keeping that for a little longer.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Do you think that is a fair price for the D-lite? They've made improvements on it since I got ours. They've added an adjustable spring based suspension I think, but the one on this version is perfectly good for rough, UK roads. Our son went into a gama siesta bike seat once he reached about 2 but just before he grew out of both he kept asking to go back into the trailer. IMHO the sign it was a comfortable ride.

We put just one seat into it so he could sit in the middle with toys either side. Great fit two kids but very good for just one. Plus a huge penguin but that's another story!

Make your own memories with it for £100 or any fair offer.:okay:

Top Bottom