Vasectomy Imminent! How long....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
From previous threads on C+ the answers ranged from a couple of days to over a fortnight. When I had mine done I was walking like a cowboy for about four days.

xx(:eek::tongue:

I had it done during a period when I wasn't cycling at all, but I wouldn't have wanted to get on a bike for over a week though I think.

OP
OP
D

dieselengine

Thank you Elmer!

I deliberately avoided asking how long before I could ride my bike again, for fear of offending the wife, and sparking an avalanche of Carry-onesque double entendre posts. On reflection I wish I had asked that. The laughing may take my mind of the impending pain. Maybe having another kid after all would be less painful.

Incidentally, the saddle to which I refer, is the one which doesn't complain about being stuck under my perspiring backside for hours. Her name is Arione - an Italian beauty she is too.

col

Legendary Member
When i had mine done,about 12 years ago now,i was put to sleep in hospital for it,too cowardly to be awake.My mate had it done awake,and he said,just for a split second it stung,when they injected the local.
Anyway,because i was put under,it took about two days for the quezy feeling to subside from the general,and the way they did it was to put a little cut,about an inch long,and used what could be described as a crochet needle in,to hook out the tubes,then do the business.I had no swelling as such,just felt a little fragile there for a few days.The doc told me to give it about a week.

I had mine done under a local on a Friday morning. I was then back commuting on the bike 10 days later, on the second Monday after I'd had it done.

The doctor had recommended a week off the bike - I reckon 7 days was about right. Remember to wear tight-fitting underpants for this period - you'll need all the extra support you can get and you certainly don't want anything wobbling about.

As for a local anaesthetic - the main problem with this is having to chat to the female nurses whilst Mr Consultant messes about with your bits. Still, rather this than the ordeal my wife went through during 3 caesareans...

Getting back into the other saddle is fantastic - especially if you have been using "waterproofs" xx(. But - you must wait until you've had the all clear... don't get me started on producing a sample...

col

Legendary Member
twowheeledwriter said:
I had mine done under a local on a Friday morning. I was then back commuting on the bike 10 days later, on the second Monday after I'd had it done.

The doctor had recommended a week off the bike - I reckon 7 days was about right. Remember to wear tight-fitting underpants for this period - you'll need all the extra support you can get and you certainly don't want anything wobbling about.

As for a local anaesthetic - the main problem with this is having to chat to the female nurses whilst Mr Consultant messes about with your bits. Still, rather this than the ordeal my wife went through during 3 caesareans...

Getting back into the other saddle is fantastic - especially if you have been using "waterproofs" xx(. But - you must wait until you've had the all clear... don't get me started on producing a sample...

Yeah i cant remember if i had to give two or three,over a period of time.:tongue:
And the improvement in all things;)was fantastic.

OP
OP
D

dieselengine

Thanks guys - I appreciate the encouraging words.

The job is being tomorrow (Wed) - looking forward to getting back on the bike, (in both senses!). Cheers

OP
OP
D

dieselengine

Thanks for asking fnaar, although I fear the cynics out there might think your apparent concern for my wellbeing is a barely disguised vehicle, used solely to allow you to introduce a rather clever play on words into the thread. But i'm reet gullible me, so thanks for asking. It made me laugh anyway. Gotta say the right gonad is still a bit achey, one week one from the chop. The wife sold me on the idea of the snip, by telling me that the weight of the tubes removed from me scrote, would make me considerably lighter, so I should be faster climbing hills. I haven't been able to sit on Arione yet, but I am beginning to suspect she (the wife) may have tricked me.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK, it was an opportunity to trot out a lame old 'joke':blush:, but a wee bit genuine too...I had one about 5 or 6 yrs ago... took a week off work, watched telly a lot, kept a pack of frozen peas over me nuts for 2 days (obviously re-froze them occasionally, don't think they got eaten, either :biggrin:)
and generally took it easy. Stayed off bike for a fortnight, just to be sure...
While op was going on (local anaesthetic) nurse complimented me on my legs (thanks to cycling)...I briefly contemplated whether or not to stop the op and have babies with her, but the burning smell told me I was too late, at least on one side! :biggrin:
Good luck with everything.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bloke at work's just had it done (thursday). not seen him since! mind you, mrs bloke at work had been on strike for ages before he agreed to have it done, so maybe there's a bit of lost time being made up (with jonnies of course until he's had the all clear).

mrs alecetc keeps mentioning it, and my comment that there's no point having it done if we don't do it regularly seems to have jollied things up a bit!

Top Bottom