Vattenfall Cyclassics *Spoiler*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Latest round of the ProTour this Sunday. It's generally considered to be a sprinters race, and in the absense of Cav, there's Greipel, Cioleck, Boonen, Brown and McEwan (although he is still recovering from injury).

But Saxo Bank has an awsome team in so, if they can get a good lead-out, I'm going to go with their sprinter, Matti Breschel. If things are more fractured, they also have Cancellara, who assuming he can stay with the peloton on the final climb, will also be a strong possibility for the win, as it is a 15km downhill run-in to the finish.

However, given the 700m climb every lap, I have never understood why this one couldn't be won on a final lap breakaway, by someone who can climb at speed and maintain form on the descent...

Skip Madness

Flying_Monkey said:
However, given the 700m climb every lap, I have never understood why this one couldn't be won on a final lap breakaway, by someone who can climb at speed and maintain form on the descent...
I think it might be something to do with the fact that it's a 70m climb, not 700m. :biggrin: (Not sure it is even 70m actually.)

Impossible to see past Greipel for this.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Skip Madness said:
I think it might be something to do with the fact that it's a 70m climb, not 700m. ;) (Not sure it is even 70m actually.)

That'll explain it then... ;)

Impossible to see past Greipel for this.

I'm not sure, you know. He's not been on that great form (by his season's standards) in the Tour of Poland. He looked eminently beatable and often frustrated.

Skip Madness

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, it was a sprint, but Tyler Farrar got it. My pick Breschel was 2nd. Sorry, Skip, but Griepel was nowhere!
I didn't mind at all, I am a big fan of Tyler Farrar and preferred that he got it even though I didn't expect it.

Top Bottom