Vegetarian recipe book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rykard

Veteran
Hi,

after reading a few bits over the last few weeks I have decided to try a vegetarian diet for a while. Can anyone recommend me a good recipe book or website?

thanks in advance.

The Tassajara Cookbook is a good one, but not sure of its availability now. Avoid anything with lots of pictures.

mangaman

The Vegetarian society website has some nice recipes

http://www.vegsoc.org/

Madhur Jaffrey (sp?) has written some excellant veggie books

Generally full of recipes from cultures that eat veggie meals as part of their everyday diet - eg Indian

domtyler

Über Member
There is one we have called "Leith's Vegetarian Bible" which is pretty comprehensive.

You can just adapt meat based recipes as well which is an easy way to start, i.e. substitute quorn mince/soya mince for meat.

Also I really enjoy either massive stir fries where you can just leave out the meat or a big pile of steaming veggies and potatoes smothered in a lovely rich home-made cheese sauce, fantastic! :biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
My favourite is the Moosewood cookbook which is available from Amazon. It has really tasty recipes, but also encourages you to experiment with your cooking

My only word of warning was the book was originally published in the 1980's and a lot of the recipes use larger quantities of cream and cheese than you might consider to be healthy.

I believe there is a new edition which cuts down on these, but I just reduce the amounts or substitute yoghurt from cream.

OP
OP
R

Rykard

Veteran
cheers peeps, some good stuff here.

Top Bottom