Veggie for a week. Well, nearly..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
One of our friends is a raving anti-vegetarian - if there is such a thing. He once got right in my face and said - very loudly "I have never eaten a vegetarian meal in my life", so I asked if he'd ever had beans on toast? or just toast for that matter? How about porridge or ready brek? Baked spud and cheese? Cheese Sandwich? Jam Sandwich? Macaroni Cheese? Cauliflower Cheese? How about Tomato Soup....... I might have gone on a bit there :shy:. He said "Sure, I've had all of those but they are not vegetarian". Hmmmm right :laugh:
We declined to tell him about the chilli he had just had 3 servings off with lovely crusty bread.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
How do I get the job of wearing a giant box of tofu?

Competition is fierce. They make all potential tofus and other food items fight it out in an arena (where the baying for blood came as a surprise, but I guess that's instinctive). Here we see two potatoes going at it; ref's instructions were to watch out for the eyes.

competition.jpg

TreeHuggery

One of our friends is a raving anti-vegetarian - if there is such a thing. He once got right in my face and said - very loudly "I have never eaten a vegetarian meal in my life", so I asked if he'd ever had beans on toast? or just toast for that matter? How about porridge or ready brek? Baked spud and cheese? Cheese Sandwich? Jam Sandwich? Macaroni Cheese? Cauliflower Cheese? How about Tomato Soup....... I might have gone on a bit there :shy:. He said "Sure, I've had all of those but they are not vegetarian". Hmmmm right :laugh:
We declined to tell him about the chilli he had just had 3 servings off with lovely crusty bread.
Yeah Mr TreeHuggery is inclined to tell argumentative anti-v's that they need to remove the bun from their burger....

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Not mine - it's eat or be eaten.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ea5jKFGgUw

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
LOL... i remember making a giant pan of vegi stew at a friend's house and he just couldn't get his head around the fact that i wasn't planning on putting a load of chunks of beef or pork in it. By the time I'd served it, he'd cooked himself a chop to throw on top of it! Almost as if one meal without meat would make him wither and fade, and he wasn't going to risk it.

But then there's the raving vegetarians (who usually grow up and become just vegetarians, or meat eaters)... i remember one night in a burger bar, and a close friend had just ordered his veg kebab and was ranting at the rest of us for buying burgers and proper kebabs... it's cruel, it's morally wrong, blah blah blah... He hadn't been vegi for long so his passion was high... then one chap chirped up and said, "It's interesting that you're telling us this whilst wearing a leather jacket."

Top Bottom