Velethon Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
Ok so we are all aware that a sportive is "not a race" but as this one is held on closed roads I can imagine that the majority of riders will at least be looking for a personal best, and not just taking in the scenery. As I'm a recumbent trike rider I have concerns about congestion on fast descents. So if anyone who has participated in this event and can give me some insight into the approach adopted by the majority of the field that would be appreciated.

http://www.velothon.com/events/velothon-wales.aspx#axzz4hcEAQvXE

S-Express

Pretty sure Velothon Wales doesn't allow recumbents - worth checking the entry rules.

The following bike(s) are forbidden at VELOTHON Wales – bikes with disc wheels, handlebar extensions, recumbent bicycles, electronic bikes of any kind, fixed gear bikes / single speeds / fixies (allowed with two independent brakes and a free hub), any attachment parts that endanger other riders (e.g. kick stands that stick out), bike trailers, child seats, bottle cages under or behind the saddle, drinking bottles that are made of non-breakable or hard materials like aluminium or hard plastic.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The fact that they don't allow recumbents may render this superfluous but...

I've ridden it, and I don't ride fast. I had no problems, I just kept left if there were faster riders around.

It was necessary to weave a bit round people walking on the hills tho.

Top Bottom