Velodrome Shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
How do you deal with a company that totally disregards their customers?
I have a new and expensive frame that was evidently damaged in transit, it traveled from Italy
to England and on to Quebec where it went through customs and was held by DHL for a week before
it was delivered at the second attempt so lots of opportunity there. Plus there is a hole in the box and the part of the frame that is damaged fits in that hole plus the damage is conducive with being dropped. Yet Velodrome Shop insist that I damaged the frame by hitting it. It is beyond unreasonable

Milkfloat

An Peanut
As advised by others before - you deal with your credit card company.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
You insist that your frame was damaged in transit and you are unwilling to accept responsibility for the damage caused, tell them you are considering small claims court (if that is possible) and will repackage the frame ready for their courier to collect from your address pending your full refund. If you paid for the frame using your credit card you have ample opportunity to claim through your credit supplier. You could (again if possible) go through trading standards claiming the goods supplied are unfit for purpose.

U

User6179

Did you sign for the damaged box?

It does not matter if he signed anything !

You can’t sign away your rights
If you're at home when the delivery company arrives, you’ll usually be asked to sign to accept the delivery.

If you're asked to sign a card or electronic device that says you confirm that the goods are received in good condition, don’t worry, you won’t be signing your rights away.

The retailer can’t get you to waive your legal rights in this way.

screenman

Legendary Member
It does not matter if he signed anything !

You can’t sign away your rights
If you're at home when the delivery company arrives, you’ll usually be asked to sign to accept the delivery.

If you're asked to sign a card or electronic device that says you confirm that the goods are received in good condition, don’t worry, you won’t be signing your rights away.

The retailer can’t get you to waive your legal rights in this way.

I know that, but this guy is 3,600 miles from where he brought the frame and every little helps.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
S'worth pointing out that the legal protection for buying with a credit card (aka section 75 of consumer credit act from memory) is UK law. Canada might have a similar law, but that I don't know. Same with the 14 day right of return with distance selling regulations.

The may also be some small print that says the customer becomes responsible for the goods once they are in transit, so they might try and palm you off on DHL, who will likely ping-pong you back to the supplier....

Sorry, but it sounds like a mare in the making. Good luck and hope Visa come through.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
S'worth pointing out that the legal protection for buying with a credit card (aka section 75 of consumer credit act from memory) is UK law. Canada might have a similar law, but that I don't know. Same with the 14 day right of return with distance selling regulations.

The may also be some small print that says the customer becomes responsible for the goods once they are in transit, so they might try and palm you off on DHL, who will likely ping-pong you back to the supplier....

Sorry, but it sounds like a mare in the making. Good luck and hope Visa come through.
When I had a similar issue with another product I had no probs and was sorted in 48 hours. They never asked for returned products as they didn't want to pay for postage.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
No jonny I have a legitimate reason to return it and expect them to cover postage I don't know why they won't see reason.
I ordered the frame in good faith, the Velodrome Shop web site said that the forks could be drilled for a brake and the bike used on the road but Deda said this should not be done - Velodrome shops answer to this was to remove that wording from the site. There was a delay in delivery because Velodrome shop didn't give me a tracking number so I didn't know I had to pay customs BEFORE delivery. When the frame arrived a week later I put the bottom bearing in the head tube and placed the other bearing on the top, as it wouldn't pop in like the bottom one I moved on to fit the seat post that I had bought for this project only to discover that I needed a 31.8 not a 27.2 as their web site said = velodromes answer was to change the misinformation on their web site and offer me a shim. When I went back to continue with the headset I couldn't get it to sit straight so I couldn't press it in, I moved it about a bit then noticed the dent that was preventing this - and then the saga began with Velodrome shop accusing me of doing the damage by whacking the bearing or the frame (I assume with a hammer) and here we are.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
The Visa dispute is under way would someone with credibility go on record to give an unbiased opinion on the damage if I provide a photograph?
How was this damage caused?
JJMen.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In my opinion of over 30 years of riding and fixing my own bikes, some very expensive hand built frames, that frame has been dropped prior to delivery.

The bearing face is un-used. You can see chipped paint on the inside of the dent that indicates an internal deflection, that will not be caused by insertion of a bearing.

PS In real terms, the shop is talking bollox, the frame has been dropped. Simple !

Top Bottom