Velodrome Shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Visa dispute is under way would someone with credibility go on record to give an unbiased opinion on the damage if I provide a photograph?
How was this damage caused? View attachment 136589

This is the picture you need. It's obvious ! Look at the paint damage !

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Playing devils advocate, I think the biggest issue against you is that it took so long to spot and you had already built up bits of the bike and had correspondence with Velodrome after delivery without saying anything about the damage. Obviously you cannot report damage you had not seen, but I can see why Velodrome are suspicious. However, Visa should sort it out for you.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Playing devils advocate, I think the biggest issue against you is that it took so long to spot and you had already built up bits of the bike and had correspondence with Velodrome after delivery without saying anything about the damage. Obviously you cannot report damage you had not seen, but I can see why Velodrome are suspicious. However, Visa should sort it out for you.
That is my 'gut feeling' too regarding the damage, they're gonna turn round and claim that you did the damage and are trying it on due to your earlier contact with them where no mention was made of this defect.
It is a bummer but you do seem to have made a rod for your own back with this.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
I have started a Visa dispute but Velodrome shop are sticking to their story that based on the photographs it is evident that I did the damage by attempting to instal the bearing by whacking it. This did not happen so their assessment is wrong and EVERYONE else I have shown the photos to agree that the frame was dropped. It is very stressful but what more can I do, I know they are wrong but they insist.
Please be aware that this is not a company that is on the customers side in any way.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
It is a slow process. I have an otherwise beautiful frame with a dent in the head tube in the basement in its damaged box, so instead of building up and riding my immaculate fixed wheel special in the short Quebec summer I am trying to be patient and hoping for a favourable result.
Velodrome shop are being far from cooperative and no attempt at an amicable resolution has been made. I didn't damage the frame but they insist I did wouldn't you think there would be some civilised way that we could walk away from this?

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru

One and the same J1888, I wish I had seen that before laying out almost $2000 in May and no satisfaction in sight.
Interesting that one of the comments in your link mentions a dented head tube just like mine mmmnn

Top Bottom