Velodrome Shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I am soon to let this go but I want to make one last mention of unconscionable treatment from these people because I feel a duty to warn fellow cyclists against charlatans. Maybe that is too high faluting but it took a third party ( Visa chargeback) to accept that I had a genuine case, I finally got my money back but it took all summer and much stress. The frame went back but there was no recognition of its receipt no attempt to see that I was right and they were wrong until the end. Avoid Velodrome Shop please.

Never had a problem with them, your experience seems different.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
Err no,don't see that the destination has any bearing on things.................

Then let me explain it.. ..you take a fixed sprocket and drop it in a padded envelope and take it to the post office where it gets stamped and thrown in a bag with whatever else arrived today - it goes to the sorting office and from there is sent by road to the destination sorting office and the postie brings it out to you. Another scenario is ....an expensive frame, made in Italy is sent to Shepton Mallet in a box by air, the shop in Shepton Mallet open the box to check the contents before sending it via DHL and... and an airline to Quebec where the customs have a look and DHL sub contract the delivery to LOOMIS who deliver it to me on the second attempt.
Can I ask you if you see any space in that scenario for error compared to the delivery of 'your bits and pieces'?
You see, in my opinion the test of the integrity of a business is not how they deal with success but how they behave when things go wrong. As you can see from my list above there are numerous ways the frame could have been damaged in transit, however Velodrome Shop insisted instead that I had done the damage.

colly

Re member eR
I ordered some stuff from them on Saturday.:unsure:

But @ayceejay is right. It isn't so much the fault, it's what they do about it that tells the story.

Top Bottom