Velodrome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hi All,

Well I finally got up the courage and went off the Newport Velodrome. I hadn't ridden fixed for 30 years! 42 degree banking. Scared - yes I was. But the coach had me riding on the blue line by the end of the session.

Well after 5 sessions I've bought myself a track bike as it's such fun. Trouble is the weather has prevented travel to the Velodrome so no rides since before Xmas. I can't wait till the ice melts and I can get to Newport again to try out my new bike.

CU all there ;)

Chrisc

Guru
I'm off for a first try out at the end of the month, if the snow has buggered off by then! ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
That's great to hear - I've had a fixed track bike that I've been meaning to try out- I purchased it back in October but due to a combo of poor health and weather I've just not made it out!! Nice to hear though!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
42, is that all......blue line..... (Manchester is 45)

But you got a bike.....crikey......

Should be at the CC Manchester meets....

Tharg2007

Veteran
wish I could do more.

you planning on riding the track bike to the velodrome and then straight onto the track? Might be worth checking if they allow tires used on the road on the track, mcr don't, also if you have brakes they may need removing or covering their extrusions.

Tharg2007

Veteran
wish I could do more.

you planning on riding the track bike to the velodrome and then straight onto the track? Might be worth checking if they allow tires used on the road on the track, mcr don't, also if you have brakes they may need removing or covering their extrusions.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
No -they are not keen on bikes which have been on the road. A mate had his bike banned - bottom bracket height was too low + it had been on the road. Of course if the road riding is in clean conditions and the tyres are changed (and maybe the chain) then I think it's OK. But the bike must be clean and no brakes on the track. Any pointy bits (like bottle bosses) should be covered over with spongey stuff. No quick release skewers either and any extra sticky out spindle cut off so no protrusions. Safety - Safety - Safety

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
No -they are not keen on bikes which have been on the road. A mate had his bike banned - bottom bracket height was too low + it had been on the road. Of course if the road riding is in clean conditions and the tyres are changed (and maybe the chain) then I think it's OK. But the bike must be clean and no brakes on the track. Any pointy bits (like bottle bosses) should be covered over with spongey stuff. No quick release skewers either and any extra sticky out spindle cut off so no protrusions. Safety - Safety - Safety

Top Bottom