Velothon Wales 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
2017 date now released - Sunday 9th July. Two distances apparently. But they have said that before.

Anyhow, copied and pasted from the email.

Online entries will go on sale Thursday 13th October at noon.

VW16_SideStory_110km.png
VELOTHON 110 - SPORTIVE RACE
The race for beginner and intermediate cyclists - with the course heading through Newport and Usk before turning south towards Pontypool and Newbridge on its way to the only climb up the stunning Caerphilly mountain.

VW16_sideStory_VWales.png
VELOTHON 140 - ENDURANCE RACE
The endurance race attracts avid racers, breaking off from the 110km course via Brecon Beacons National Park, home of the legendary Tumble climb.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Oh no, they said "race". There'll be trouble now.

Interesting that they've moved from their previous time of May. Not sure if I'm interested, although I enjoyed the one I did.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh no, they said "race". There'll be trouble now.
It's hilarious. There is a race too, but it's not either of those.

Velothon are interesting in that they offer much more training to riders unfamiliar with group riding and have guides spread throughout the field. Completing one of their training days or passing some sort of simple test might be used to select who gets to ride if it's ever as oversubscribed as Ride London.

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
Put off by the need to collect race pack on friday/Saturday prior to ride on Sunday. More expense just to collect a race pack. :sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Put off by the need to collect race pack on friday/Saturday prior to ride on Sunday. More expense just to collect a race pack. :sad:
If you have a contact in Cardiff you can get them to pick it up for you. That's what I did. Not much help if you don't know anyone in Cardiff tho.

Top Bottom