Venge Limited Edition bike stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarethG

A guy from my club has just had his stolen -please read his email below...

I had my Venge Limited Edition bike stolen from outside a coffee shop on the Windsor side of Eton footbridge. Thief just jumped on the bike and I had no chance if catching him wearing my cleats. Be aware ! If anyone hears of the bike being offered around I will pay a handsome reward for its return. The bike is Matt Black with DI 2 and ultegra parts. It was no.49 of only 200 ever made and would retail at £9,000 plus

Thanks
Gareth

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
wow thats bad news, I go to that coffee shop :ohmy:
I take a particular interest in Venges and Di2 so would like to know more about the bike if possible.
I would think that the bike is based on the cavendish frame, going by the number you stated were available. I would also believe the bike was built rather than purchased as a complete unit as Specialized never released a Venge with that frame and Ultegra... Is there anything else you can tell us about the bike. What wheelset does it have?

I would hope the frame number is registered with Specialized. If it is advise your friend to contact them and they will advise the concept stores to keep an eye out for it.
Also talk to LBS in a ten mile radius as someone may try to order a charger for the battery, you never can tell.

The URL in my signature may be if use and possibily turn something up..Windsor is not to far from London. There is also a stolen bikes facebook page possibly worth looking at.

good luck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As an opportunist theft I would guess he would have no idea of the value of the bike.
Check out Ebay, Gumtree and Craigslist in the next few days.

And sorry to say this.
My bike is not even worth a 3rd of that amount and I would never leave it outside a shop without locking it first.

Norm

Bum. I'll keep an eye out too.

I had a bike stolen close to there. It was locked and only cost £400.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The bastich!! when you find out who it is use your chainring to tatoo his scrotum ......
+1 and corrected for my truth
As an opportunist theft I would guess he would have no idea of the value of the bike.
Check out Ebay, Gumtree and Craigslist in the next few days.

And sorry to say this.
My bike is not even worth a 10th of that amount and I would never leave it outside a shop without locking it first.

Top Bottom