Verbally abused...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
... by another cyclist. He seemed to take objection to me not wearing hi-viz (note I had on a Mavic Vision jersey! should have I been wearing something long sleeved or was is the black 3/4 bib-longs) & cycle helmet so proceeded to shout abuse at me about how I was an irresponsible hooligan endangering everyone (hu? sorry!) by not wearing them. I left him shouting something like "don't just ride away from me" when I stepped my game up ;).

'Cyclist' and 'tosser' are not mutually exclusive, I fear ;)

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
fenman said:
sounds like a dose of sitting on his wheel or half wheeling him just to really p**s him off. no respect these youngsters
I should do that in response or that's what I did? If that's what you reckon I did it'd be hard considering he started his rant while I was stationary at a junction waiting for him to pass.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Are you sure his rant(or your post :-) ) wasnt tongue in cheek?The Mavic Vision must be about the highest vis jersey you can buy.

the_bing

Über Member
andy_wrx said:
'Cyclist' and 'tosser' are not mutually exclusive, I fear :smile:

i agree. one of the greatest failures of human evolution has been our inability to shrug off the idiot gene in some specimens. don't rise to his aggression and we can only hope his kind will eventually die out. :eek:

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
Banjo said:
Are you sure his rant(or your post :-) ) wasnt tongue in cheek?The Mavic Vision must be about the highest vis jersey you can buy.
Tongue in cheek when shouting at the top of your voice?

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
My other half was abusively and aggressively shouted at by another female audaxer for not using mudguards.

Unless you are from the Planet Zog, most people know that mudguards on nearly all audaxes are no longer mandatory. This particular event was also being held in mid-summer. Perhaps the abusive individual was trying to work herself upto a heart attack or trying to burst her temples. There are simply some riders that are the pits. Fortunately she was not representative of audax riders.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
GrasB said:
Tongue in cheek when shouting at the top of your voice?

I guess the guy is just a nutter then.

I suffered some verbal from a walking tour guide in front of about 50 of his customers walking around Cardiff Bay. I was on a path clearly marked as for walking and cycling plus the council has a bike hire place on the same path.

There was just room for me to get passed the crowd of people who were looking across the bay so mostly hadnt seen me approach, I tinged the bell to make sure noone stepped back in front of me and went through at less than 5mph when this guy starts ranting that all bikes should be on the road.

At first I thought he was joking but stopped and pointed out very politely that this was a shared path .The guy then went ballistic ranting about what a menace bikes were blah blah. I really didnt want a slanging match with him in front of 50 odd foreign visitors to our Capital City so I just told him to behave and rode off. I probably should have took it up with whoever he works for but couldnt be bothered.

Top Bottom