Verenti Division CB2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dac

Hi,
A Verenti Division CB2.0 hybrid has come up for sale for £300. The bike is in new condition and is my size.
The colour/design leaves a lot to be desired, in my eyes.
It has Hayes hydraulic brake and carbon folks.

The spec is in the below:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-division-cb20-tiagra-2015

Would this be a suitable bike for a 17 stone rider to cycle on the roads, canal/gravel paths, and the odd grass park? I'll be looking to build up to 30 mile rides on it.
Is £300 a good price for a second hand but extremely good condition version of the bike?

Is there anything in the spec/design that says this bike is NOT suitable for a heavy novice?

Or would Giant Escape 0 (which has hydraulic tektro brake and carbon folks) for £300 for a better choice?
Thanks.

AndyRM

XOXO
You'd be fine on either, similar spec, similar bikes. £300 does seem a little steep, but that's the way the market is right now.

However, if you don't like the look of the Verenti then it probably isn't for you.

I'm assuming the Giant is second hand as well? Because they're £800 new.

OP
OP
D

dac

Yes both are second hand. The Verenti is extremely good condition, like new. The Giant is in very good condition but not mint, like the Verenti.

I think the Verenti was £700 new, with hydraulic disc brakes, carbon folks, and Tiagra. Yes, it's five years old but I suspect the technology is still the same.
The colour is a bit powerful but I'll get use to it.

What do you think is a reasonable price for the Verenti, being in as new condition without Covid19 around? £250 or even less?
Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
At any time, £300 sounds reasonable for the spec and condition you describe.
design and colour fine...at least it’s not boring black

DRM

Guru
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-technique-sora-2016

This is my winter road bike, it's had some Shimano WH501 wheels fitted and Deda Elementi Bars, stem & seat post, it was Wiggle's in house brand, and they seem to have taken on the Vitus Brand since taking over Chain Reaction, but its a very good bike, and rides really well, sadly prices are silly at the moment for second hand bikes, but it won't be bad as long as it's not been misused & abused.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes both are second hand. The Verenti is extremely good condition, like new. The Giant is in very good condition but not mint, like the Verenti.

I think the Verenti was £700 new, with hydraulic disc brakes, carbon folks, and Tiagra. Yes, it's five years old but I suspect the technology is still the same.
The colour is a bit powerful but I'll get use to it.

What do you think is a reasonable price for the Verenti, being in as new condition without Covid19 around? £250 or even less?
Thanks.

Pricing is really tricky. If the seller is stuck on £300, then that's what you'll pay.

I think £250 is a reasonable starting point for any potential negotiating, but if your need/want for the bike is pressing then go straight in at £300.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I should inspect the bike thoroughly and try to see if there are any things that need servicing or replacing and use that as a bargaining chip. Be aware that bikes are in high demand so the seller might stick to his guns anyway.

OP
OP
D

dac

Okay. £250 is the negotiated price but I've now read Hayes hydraulic brakes are bad and often fail... Hmmm

OP
OP
D

dac

Hi guys, again,
The Verenti Division CB2.0 that was being offered to me for £250 is still for sale. I had read bad reviews about the Hayes Dyno Sport brakes that it uses. Due to this I wasn't sure about it for £250.
Well, the seller has offered to me for £150.
What do you reckon? Worth it for £150?
Are the Hayes brakes reliable for general use?
And is 59cm frame suitable to someone who is 6'3"?
Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi guys, again,
The Verenti Division CB2.0 that was being offered to me for £250 is still for sale. I had read bad reviews about the Hayes Dyno Sport brakes that it uses. Due to this I wasn't sure about it for £250.
Well, the seller has offered to me for £150.
What do you reckon? Worth it for £150?
Are the Hayes brakes reliable for general use?
And is 59cm frame suitable to someone who is 6'3"?
Thanks.
It’s that cheap you could easily change the brakes if they underperform when you actually have the bike. Go try it out, only you’ll know if it’s the right size for you and you should also check over the condition. No need to overthink on the components on a bike at that price

Reactions: dac
OP
OP
D

dac

The seller is 6'3" also but that doesn't mean it is the right size for him.
Hmm... I've asked if it is an extra large and he has just said he doesn't know but did state it is 59cm.

vickster

Legendary Member
The seller is 6'3" also but that doesn't mean it is the right size for him.
Hmm... I've asked if it is an extra large and he has just said he doesn't know but did state it is 59cm.
Just go try it. You’re not a complete novice, you’ll know if it’s right size wise

Top Bottom