Verenti Division

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No number provided.
I don't know what's happened. I assume the offer was only made to me if the winning bidder rejected the purchase.
Oh well. There will be other bikes.
I am also noticing bikes going for a lesser price now than compared to three months ago. The longer I wait for the right bike, the better the deal might be.
Indeed if you’re not in a rush 👍

OP
OP
D

dac

I have a 25-ish year old hybrid that gets me from A to B, but if I am to step up and do 20-30 mile cycles I need the bike to be more comfortable.
I considering a road type hybrid with some 'horn' extensions on the handle bars (I can swap normal grips over to them), or a drop-down bar with, what I call 'normal', brake levers - like you get on some Boardman CX bikes or the Giant Anyroad bike.
Thanks again. No doubt, I be back.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a 25-ish year old hybrid that gets me from A to B, but if I am to step up and do 20-30 mile cycles I need the bike to be more comfortable.
I considering a road type hybrid with some 'horn' extensions on the handle bars (I can swap normal grips over to them), or a drop-down bar with, what I call 'normal', brake levers - like you get on some Boardman CX bikes or the Giant Anyroad bike.
Thanks again. No doubt, I be back.
Personally I’d buy now if you find the right bike. even if you potentially pay a slight premium. make the most of the rest of summer / autumn

I have crosslever brakes on all of my roadbikes, much prefer in traffic with my smaller hands. They’re cheap and easy to add. You can‘t use with hydraulic disc brakes to note

OP
OP
D

dac

Ah so they are called 'crosslever' brakes (I'll stop calling them 'normal' brake levers).
That is why I want crosslevers - for when traffic is around.
I didn't realise you couldn't have drop-down brake levers and crosslevers on hydraulic brake systems. That would explain why I don't see crosslevers on all Boardman CX models. I would prefer mechanical anyway as easier to maintain. I think mechanical will be fine for my needs (I won't be racing or aiming to be in need of ultra stopping power).

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah so they are called 'crosslever' brakes (I'll stop calling them 'normal' brake levers).
That is why I want crosslevers - for when traffic is around.
I didn't realise you couldn't have drop-down brake levers and crosslevers on hydraulic brake systems. That would explain why I don't see crosslevers on all Boardman CX models. I would prefer mechanical anyway as easier to maintain. I think mechanical will be fine for my needs (I won't be racing or aiming to be in need of ultra stopping power).
These are the ones I get (for oversized bars)
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/tektro-rl721-cx-brake-levers/rp-prod36636

Reactions: dac

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Being tall will work in your favour in the second hand market.

Large frames, or 'garden gates' as they are sometimes called, are harder to sell so will often be cheaper than a similar bike in medium.

That's another reason why the Verenti you looked at was such good value.

Undesirable frame size + undesirable brand = low selling price.

vickster

Legendary Member
Location will affect cost too, always seem to be more in London. More bikes but more demand
I likely overpaid for a medium Boardman Hybrid last night but it’s got paperwork and the seller is going to deliver to me as I can’t collect it on crutches l (under 5 miles away). I never have a budget for bikes bought on a whim anyhow :laugh:

si_c

Guru
Definitely what @Pale Rider and @vickster have said. I picked up an absolute bargain last year - Trek Domane road bike for under £400, would have gone for a lot more if it wasn't in a size 62cm and in the middle of nowhere.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I can’t collect it on crutches

Sorry to hear that, you seem to have been in the wars in the last few years.

I've been unwell for various reasons for the last year or so.

Illness is never pleasant, but it really gets you down when it goes on for a long time.

OP
OP
D

dac

Yes, I just missed out on a Specialized Sirrus Elite with good hydraulic brakes and a carbon folk, that was in new condition. It was shiny all over. It went for £325 😔

Top Bottom