@Vernon just for you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I want an indoor version...

OP
OP
T

TVC

Quantity sometimes beats quality...

A whole gala pie vs petit fours for instance.
Fair enough, I just admire to application of gyroscopic principals to create stability within a rocket, and the ambition. It's proper engineering.

BTW.

Vernon - the man who put pie into pyro.

I just thought of that <smug smilie>

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Fair enough, I just admire to application of gyroscopic principals to create stability within a rocket, and the ambition. It's proper engineering.

BTW.

Vernon - the man who put pie into pyro.

I just thought of that <smug smilie>

Somewhere I have the drawing of a balsawood flying saucer that uses peripheral vanes to generate lift and the rotational energy is generated by two Jetex motors and I have a flying saucer whose lift is generated by a small Cox glow plug engine with a propeller.

The glow plug engined one has mesmerised many a model flyer at the sites where I've flown it. It looks like this:

cox1.jpg

and flies like this

I must dig it out some time.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I LOVE those Thai whirlygig rockets! The happily anarchic atmosphere, the occasional explosions and the spectators running for cover, along with the dense clouds of white smoke put me in mind of my and my brother's experiments in the garden with various kinds of tight containers and mixtures of sugar and sodium chlorate weedkiller! I could never understand why my Dad didn't notice that the weedkiller was disappearing or my Mum, the sugar being used up rather fast.

Our problem was always in creating a satisfactory ignition system, but our greatest success was a Maxwell House coffee jar lid, which we launched a good 100 feet into the air with a loud bang.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom