Very Last Minute Social Ride / Beds, Cambs, Hunts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gains84

Shame I missed you all, been ages since the ice ride I came out on but a mate from scotland has been down - keep my beady eyes open for any future local-ish ones!:smile:

You guys recommend any other climbs in the hertfordshire region other than the one mentioned? So hard to find any longish climbs around here!

Chris-H

Über Member
Sorry we didn't make it, as predicted we got home at 4.30am after a rather hard night on the town so was in no state whatsoever to be climbing aboard a bike for 30 odd miles..........We'll be there for the next ride though for sure.
As for the Lidlington hill I will devise a ride to incorporate the beast if anyone is up for the challenge.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Thank you all!! It was most enjoyable!! Let's make sure we meet again before Christmas, shall we?

So, to sum up: Chris you are organizing one to incorporate Lidlington and Stan you promised one for October.. ahem! Come on guys, put them on the calender as my Sundays tend to be quite busy lately (yes, I'm that popular! lol)

:popcorn:

Gains84

Look forward to hopefully getting on some of these pre Christmas (the c word already!!!lol) rides!

There's a couple between Whitwell and Hitchin and one short climb between Charlton and Preston that hits 18% on the garmin.

I like the drag up from Whitwell towards HItchin thats got some good lumps on it - B651 is a goodun!:smile:

Found that 18% beastie, sadly it was in the wet so i was near bricking it going down that with my brakes being less than convincing!lol the ride up from Gosmore to Preston was nicer, shallower gradient but longer and no tractors dumping mud/crap all over the road!

mchunt

A little sad I missed the announcement ended up on a short ride around hitchin stotfold area on my own :-( just starting to get out and do a few longer rides after having Nathaniel . Certainly miss the cold winter rides we had from Stevenage.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Stay put my friend. There are a few great rides 'brewing'. Keep an eye on the threads..

Come on! Show us the pics on Nathaniel! You promised!

mchunt

Stay put my friend. There are a few great rides 'brewing'. Keep an eye on the threads..

Come on! Show us the pics on Nathaniel! You promised!

Here are a couple of pics :-) will keep my eyes peeled for the rides.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379167758.543719.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379167758.543719.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 38
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379167810.128341.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379167810.128341.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom