Very nearly got ripped of this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Is easily done can see how many fall victim to this stuff. Always think is the real they never really stand up to having another look.
You can always check by contacting the place they are suppose to come from.
Always look at the email address they never really look that conniving. Mostly they are totally made up and not even trying to look official.
Remember official bodies/banks and the like don't do email for the official stuff if you owe them money they write it down.
Must of this stuff go's to my other no personal stuff email. If they try my main email account it never make's it past the spam filter.
I quite like the ones who start it off with dear....... Which is fine if your email is john smith. But all ours are a combo of our 1st names.
So it's always a give away even better then they try and split it into 1st and 2rd names.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
@swee'pea99 Whats bingo.mp4?

Do tell, I'm intrigued :smile:
My Telegram chums use (mostly) gifs to punctuate messages - I saved this one from (if I remember rightly) a FB post. Obviously can't post the full version, but it's not in truth much more than

1588843219422.png

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Wondering if you changed all the other passwords to match the 'new' amazon one? I think most people do this. Use a password manager and you never have to worry about this kind of thing again.
Says the feller called 'dodgy'... :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

Might I suggest that scam emails with malicious links are not copied and pasted into the forum?

Take a screenshot instead and upload it as a jpeg as it's unwise to expose the entire forum to risky emails. Perhaps the OP could edit his post to remove the link.
Would it not be better to just post a warning around it, if he/she hadn't posted the link then I could not have screenshot the URL & shown it was an Indian domain

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Wondering if you changed all the other passwords to match the 'new' amazon one? I think most people do this. Use a password manager and you never have to worry about this kind of thing again.
No, unique alphanumeric passwords for every site. But I can have a tendency to re use some strings or elements of strings of passwords so I changed everything just to rule out guessing.
I'm not a fan of the concept of password managers for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

dodgy

I'm not a fan of the concept of password managers for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

A password manager would never have entered your password into a scam site.

Anyway, not here to convince you, it's my day off!

D

Deleted member 26715

Jeez, is it £157.50, i think I have watched more BBC in the last month watching the 5PM briefing for the first 10 minutes than I have for months, we rarely watch it, but that is another thread I'm sure.

Top Bottom