[very OT] Football: Manchester City

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it all seems a bit second rate. Adebayor is an Arsenal discard. Tevez is a Manchester United discard. Robinho is a Real Madrid reject. Bellamy.............

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
At the mo City remind me of that fat chav that won the lottery and built a motocross track in his back yard........good luck to 'em I say. It is a tad hippocritical SAF saying they've spoilt the market though.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
PaulB said:
And in the 45 years I've been going to watch football have happened to me precisely never.

I'll be straight with you, I am not a fan of football, never have been, never will be.

I don't have an issue with people who like it, just have no intention of being blinded by someone's loose change (seen it as a copper).

You can afford the prices of the tickets, but my point was all the thousands who can't or shouldn't (money for bills, kids clothes, food, rent etc).

Week in week out, they pay their dough to fund an extravagant lifestyle for a few men to only spend 90 minutes kicking a bag of leather round, before jumping into their blacked-out windowed RR Vogues, and flee the area that the supporters (wage providers) live, to go to their iron gated, leafy suburb mansion (as well as funding some silicone enhanced thrush mongerer and her Harvey Nicks habit)

Are they really worth paying thousands of pounds a WEEK? In todays economic climate?

I just see them as fleecing money off the poor to feed the rich. IMO.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wouldn't want to do it myself but nobody forces fans to buy a season ticket or SKY subscription anymore than I'm forced to spend a couple of grand on a bike I can barely do justice to.

PaulB

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I'll be straight with you, I am not a fan of football, never have been, never will be.

I don't have an issue with people who like it, just have no intention of being blinded by someone's loose change (seen it as a copper).

You can afford the prices of the tickets, but my point was all the thousands who can't or shouldn't (money for bills, kids clothes, food, rent etc).

Week in week out, they pay their dough to fund an extravagant lifestyle for a few men to only spend 90 minutes kicking a bag of leather round, before jumping into their blacked-out windowed RR Vogues, and flee the area that the supporters (wage providers) live, to go to their iron gated, leafy suburb mansion (as well as funding some silicone enhanced thrush mongerer and her Harvey Nicks habit)

Are they really worth paying thousands of pounds a WEEK? In todays economic climate?

I just see them as fleecing money off the poor to feed the rich. IMO.

There hasn't been a coin thrown at a football match for years and there's no violence anymore so you're well behind the times with that one. I've been perfectly happy to take my children from being five years old and have never had any concerns about them being exposed to any form of trouble. In the last 15 years or so, the worst I've seen was one punch. One punch in more than a decade. I've seen far more violence in cinemas in that time so by that reckoning, going the pictures is more dangerous than going the match. By a looooong way.

As for how people choose to spend their money, that's really nothing to do with you or me is it? It's better they spend it on that than ale and drugs, surely?

Equally, you think it's obscene that players get what you consider to be extravagant wages but it's market forces. It's also not the fact that the match-going fans are the wage providers anymore. The bulk of their wages comes from TV revenue, sponsorship deals and related sources. Most resentment of it stems from jealousy in my experience. I don't like the extravagant and totally undeserved lifestyles of the royal family but accept it for what it is.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
dellzeqq said:
it all seems a bit second rate. Adebayor is an Arsenal discard. Tevez is a Manchester United discard. Robinho is a Real Madrid reject. Bellamy.............

Is a woman beating nutter that can't play football.

PaulB

Legendary Member
rich p said:
I wouldn't want to do it myself but nobody forces fans to buy a season ticket or SKY subscription anymore than I'm forced to spend a couple of grand on a bike I can barely do justice to.

:biggrin: Indeed. My season ticket is around the £700 mark and for that, I could get a week in a nice holiday cottage in the highlands. So it's a week in a cottage or 19 top-flight football matches for the same money, with all the drama, expectation, glory, disappointment, exhillaration and the ups and downs of a roller-coaster over the 9 months or so of the season. I'll take the seaso, thanks.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
Is a woman beating nutter that can't play football.

No, you're wrong there. Whatever else you might say about him, he most certainly CAN play football. I love watching him as he's a real live-wire that always gives what the fans want; VFM. I liken him to a shook up bottle of coke. He's lively, fizzy and spectacular but you end up having to clean up the mess afterwards.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
PaulB said:
No, you're wrong there. Whatever else you might say about him, he most certainly CAN play football. I love watching him as he's a real live-wire that always gives what the fans want; VFM. I liken him to a shook up bottle of coke. He's lively, fizzy and spectacular but you end up having to clean up the mess afterwards.

How is that a good thing? he is a shocking role model, a violent and abusive moron, I should have said shouldn't be playing football infront of the public! Either way, he is not consistant enough for the money in my mind.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
How is that a good thing? he is a shocking role model, a violent and abusive moron, I should have said shouldn't be playing football infront of the public! Either way, he is not consistant enough for the money in my mind.

I didn't write that it was a good thing and as he's never muckied his ticket ON the pitch, there's nothing that could be done to stop him plying his trade. Whatever, I stand by my opinion that he's a good player.

Top Bottom