Very strong German rims?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment, but this photo that's currently going viral is interesting nonetheless:

612880472.jpg

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Isnt that a plastic bumper vs a metal wheel? Plus I came on this thread because I though it was a differnt type of german rim!!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Do they call it that too? Filthy!

I once had to explain the meaning of rimming to a very alarmed looking group of colleagues during the strangest training session I ever lived through, I'm still not sure if I dodged a bullet by not picking the 'downhill skiing' flash card, mind you the sign-language interpreter who was covering the training explained that one without spoken words.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
seen the pic now.

I got rammed (quite deliberately) by a sightseeing bus just round the corner from Marble Arch. The tyre went bang, but the sixteen spoke rim shifted by about a millimetre. The funny bit was that the fibre glass skirt at the front of the bus just broke. The bus driver was reduced to asking me for my name and address. What he got was something quite different.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
I once had to explain the meaning of rimming to a very alarmed looking group of colleagues during the strangest training session I ever lived through, I'm still not sure if I dodged a bullet by not picking the 'downhill skiing' flash card, mind you the sign-language interpreter who was covering the training explained that one without spoken words.

Ha Ha, classic! An awkward moments what your realise what you are saying after you have already started to explain it. Regret.

How did the sign-language interpreter manage, I’ve got a mental image.

What is worse is my Grandmothers last name is Rimmer, I started and explain an aborted quickly.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Oh the interpreter just did the standard sign for skiiing, and that explained it pretty well. His face was a perfect 'dawning realisation' type of moment!

BTW this was a 'sexuality awareness' training day; I used to support adults with learning disabilities so all training was quite intense. Actually now I think of it the most unusual training day I did was focussed on epilepsy, and believe me I'm not making light of anything epilepsy related, but the video they showed us was a football match between two teams, where each player exhibited a different type of fit during the match!

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Speaking of rims, could anyone tell me what type and size rims I need from looking at my pic of my Holsworth Critterium?
The dude in the shop said wheels are different now, somthing to do with a clicky thing when you stop peddling?

I want to buy some new ones!

Top Bottom