Viagogo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I queued on the official AXS site from 8:30 am (9 am ticket sale) until 11 am to get some concert tickets for my kid - just two.

When I finally got into the purchase page there were no tickets left.

But Viagogo had 400 tickets on sale with a mark up of £300 per ticket.

Disappointed for my daughter and annoyed at the whole ticket resale crap.

And Stub Hub! £900 for a ticket!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Viagogo are complete and utter crooks.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I bet they had a bank of "agents" buying up tickets "on behalf of fans"

Levo-Lon

Guru
I thought this scam was being dealt with?
If people didn't pay over the odds they wouldn't do it would they..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They are all as bad as each other.
There was a lady from Stubhub (owned by ebay) was on the radio the other day trying to explain that the site was used by geniune fans who could no long attend events and blamed it on artists for selling tickets months in advance before people knew their schedules. Total balls, they account for a tiny fraction of the tickets, and you can often return unwanted tickets to the box office.
The vast majority are bought solely to go on the secondary market and any artist who fights back is a hero in my book.

U

User6179

Cant remember what band it was but they issued tickets and you could only use them if the card that purchased them was presented with the tickets, a simple way to beat the touts.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought this scam was being dealt with?
If people didn't pay over the odds they wouldn't do it would they..
Ed Sheeran is trying to sort it out for his tour which is good. Need all the other big names to do the same. Ticketmaster mark up ‘fees’ are bad enough!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have 'Lucky Dip' tickets for the Rolling Stones tomorrow. When I get there I have to show the card I used to book the tickets and photo id (passport or driving licence). I will then get 'tagged' and led straight into the venue, there will be no actual ticket. This way there can be no dodgy touting going on for these tickets. I paid just over £30 for the ticket. Normal tickets started at more than double the price and could be freely touted if you want, however, normal tickets are still available from the Rolling Stones website, so I hope the touts get well and truly stung.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Cant remember what band it was but they issued tickets and you could only use them if the card that purchased them was presented with the tickets, a simple way to beat the touts.
been to quite a few gigs in recent years that state the card used for payment must be presented to gain entry... but haven't actually been asked to present my debit card.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I mean, what actual service are they providing other than buying up the tickets and selling them for a profit. They are not buying and selling tickets people don't want. I am so peed off.

U

User6179

been to quite a few gigs in recent years that state the card used for payment must be presented to gain entry... but haven't actually been asked to present my debit card.

I think it works even if you don't have to produce it, if you think you might be asked it should stop folk buying from third parties.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I mean, what actual service are they providing other than buying up the tickets and selling them for a profit. They are not buying and selling tickets people don't want. I am so peed off.
what needs to happen is the ticket buying public should just stop buying from 3rd party sellers... when they buy up thousands of pounds worth of tickets that no one buys, they're left out of pocket and won't bother doing it.

vickster

Legendary Member
what needs to happen is the ticket buying public should just stop buying from 3rd party sellers... when they buy up thousands of pounds worth of tickets that no one buys, they're left out of pocket and won't bother doing it.
That still doesn’t help folks who can’t get tickets at least in the short term

I think there are also lots of people who don’t necessarily know it’s a 3rd party site or the True extent to which they’re being ripped off. Isn’t one owned by Ticketmaster?

Top Bottom