@vickster, it's not just bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad but true, maybe that's why we've got 2 black cats, both rescued as kittens but without the RSPCA being involved. Cinders was found by a Grand daughter in an abandoned/derelict cottage in Wiltshire but they couldn't keep her because they have pedigree housecats (not allowed outside) and it would have been too many, so the phone call started Muuuuuummmm, can you..........................EDIT she'd been dumped in a taped up Cardboard box
Merlin I found through an advert in the local shop " 10 wk old kitten free to good home, so I rang the number thinking I'd go and have a look but they came round with the kitten which my cats sniffed (and no hissing) said "Well he looks OK here" and left pretty pronto. Leaving me to face the music with Maz so I chickened out and got the next door neighbour round 'to see my new kitten'. (Maz tends not to hit the roof when others are about, she waits til I'm alone and defenceless) turns out I needn't have worried cos she loved him, part Oriental (Siamese ?) tall skinny boy and very aloof (he arrived with the name Merlin BTW)
Good job we got them really cos not long after we lost 2 of our elderly cats 1 to age and the other to crossing the road, so kizzy needed the company:biggrin:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP worked for an animal charity for some years, re-homing cats and kittens. It's true, the black kittens were always the last to go, but many had to go to other re-homing centres or foster homes.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Black Greyhounds are tricky to home too. The racing industry produces a lot of black dogs. We have one and he is gorgeous, very shiney. The RGA says that the black 'hounds are more difficult to find homes for. Daft really.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Black cats are like cyclists who wear black. They're hard to see so they aren't too popular it seems. :whistle:
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ndoned-Because-They-Dont-Look-Good-In-Selfies

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
My 18 yr old today, still got it.

10347615_836057629749025_8125504288516715855_n.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have had several cats in the past, they were all black except for one wee tortoiseshell that wandered in and stayed. I rather like black cats, they are very pretty. With a Greyhound and 2 JRTs, our place is a cat no-go zone nowadays.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
I have 3 black cats, 2 are rescue and tame but the other just seems to wonder off and be missing for days.

This is shadow - 7yrs old now, found as a kitten in a bag in a ditch, house cat and really cool
IMG_5280_zpsed814576.jpg

This is baby, she was found at the back of my garden about 4yrs a go as a very tiny kitten, hence the name, she's feisty, take your hand off if she's having a bad day
IMG_1326_zpsf2749167.jpg

Likes her food - so photoshopped this picture

img0027copy_zpsb6417307.jpg

No photo of the other one, his name is scruff

Top Bottom